Position Profile Humber River Hospital. Lighting New Ways In Healthcare.
Five years since opening our doors as North America's first fully digital hospital and we remain unwavering in our belief that we can change the hospital where we work, the community where we live, and the world of healthcare beyond our borders. Serving a community of 850,000 residents in North West Toronto, Equity Inclusivity and active participation in the North West Toronto Ontario Health Team are key initiatives important to our Team. At Humber River Hospital, we use a custom combination of technology and clinical expertise to rebuild elements of care. We make technology work for staff and physicians; giving them more time to spend with patients, to eliminate inefficiencies, and to reduce the chance of errors. Humber River Hospital is formally affiliated with both the University of Toronto and Queen's University and committed to becoming a community academic hospital. Clinical Excellence, Optimizing Care through Technology and Community Connection frame our Research Strategy.
At Humber River Hospital, we're not hoping for a renaissance, we are making it happen. As part of our dynamic team, you can lead the way, as we continue our journey towards high reliability care!
We are currently seeking a Resource Nurse
to work on our 14 East Unit
. Humber River Hospital's 14 East is divided into two different focuses on stroke patients and inpatient rehabilitation needs.
The Resource Nurse
as primary day-to-day responsibility for patient care; the safety and quality of the experience for both patients and staff; and flow outcomes of the patient care area.
The RP provides clinical leadership in the planning, implementation, and evaluation of care for patients in the program in a manner consistent with the College of Nurses of Ontario Standards of Professional Practice;
the Regulated Health Profession Act;
and the Mission, Vision and Values of Humber River Hospital.
Within this role, the RP is accountable for contributing to the delivery of the Humber River Strategy and must demonstrate an awareness of and responsibility for actively promoting and supporting patient- and family-centred engagement and care.Reporting Relationship:
Patient Care ManagerLocation:
Humber River Hospital - Wilson SiteHourly Range:
$35.90 - $50.53Employee Group:
- Ensures accurate and complete communication regarding patient related issues from shift to shift assists manager/educator in identification of any areas of clinical practice that need development ensures a safe environment for patients, visitors, staff
- Ensures appropriate follow up of any issues which may have arisen from previous shift i.e. patient/family concerns, incidents, change in patient acuity, etc.
- Has general awareness of plans of care for all patients including patient status, special procedures works hours that are flexible and may include weekends. At times may have to have a patient assignment in consultation with staff, ensures patient assignments are based on patient needs, scope of practice/skills of staff
- Adjusts staffing, assignments throughout the shift as required, and anticipates adjustments for future shifts
- Acts as a clinical resource to staff as required
- Facilitates effective communication among interdisciplinary team members reports problems affecting patient care/of the unit to the manager delivers direct patient care as required
- Ensures patient care plans are reflective of current patient status facilitates interdisciplinary team planning for patients
- Monitors Command Centre Tiles to ensure inter-disciplinary team is responsive to patient clinical status and patient flow
- Encourages staff to participate in rounds with physician sharing information with other inter-disciplinary team members
- Ensures discharge planning is conducted in an efficient and effective manner using hospital and community resources as necessary
- Facilitates patient transfers within the hospital, or to another facility
- Collaborates with Resource Person's on other units/areas in regards to patient transfers, clinical issues
- Attends daily bed allocation meetings
- Communicates with Command Centre and Patient Flow Manager to facilitate patient flow in the clinic area
- Engages in continuous learning activities such as: attendance at in-services, seminars and courses, sharing information obtained at educational sessions with colleagues.
- Assists Manager/Clinical Practice Leader in identifying staff educational needs in conjunction with Manager/ Clinical Practice Leader, co-ordinates staff attendance at in-services shares nursing knowledge and expertise with staff through incidental teaching
- Collaborates with nursing staff and interdisciplinary team members to ensure patient teaching programs are implemented
- Identifies need for patient education resources/materials
- Participates in nursing education program by collaborating with Manager/ Clinical Practice Leader, and instructors from nursing faculties to help identify preceptors and appropriate patient assignments for students/orientees
- Facilitates orientation of orientees/students
- Assigns staff to attend mandatory in-services
- Informs manager of any relevant issues related to patients, families or staff
- Leads daily Patient Quality & Safety Huddles with the interdisciplinary team
- Ensures staff provide factual, timely information/documentation to Manager regarding patient/staff incidents/equipment malfunction
- Ensures equipment on the unit is maintained in good working order participates in Continuous Quality Improvement
- Ensures safety issues are dealt with promptly by initiating maintenance requisitions
- Assists Manager with staffing (i.e. replacement for sick calls, schedule changes, etc.) ensuring appropriate composition of staff is available to meet patient care needs for the upcoming weeks
- Other duties as assigned by the Manager
- Baccalaureate degree in Nursing required
- Registered with the College of Nurses of Ontario in good standing
- Maintains current speciality certifications for related clinical area
- BCLS certification or equivalent
- Two years recent/related experience in clinical specialty or equivalent education and experience within the last five years
- Related CNA Certification, specialty certification (if appropriate) from accredited program preferred
- Leadership experience
Please be advised that in order to be eligible for employment at Humber River Hospital, all new hires must have received the full series of a COVID-19 vaccine or combination of COVID-19 vaccines approved by Health Canada (e.g., two doses of a two-dose vaccine series, or one dose of a single-dose vaccine series); AND have received the final dose of the COVID-19 vaccine at least 14 days prior to the hired employee's first date of employment Medical exemptions or any other kind of requested exemption based upon the Hospital's obligations pursuant to the Ontario Human Rights Code will be considered on a case-by-case basis Why Humber? Why Now?
Humber River Hospital is on an exciting transformation journey of redefining patient care, as we leverage the most advanced technologies to enhance all aspects of delivering high-quality, safe care. We continue to build a people-centered workplace with excellent staff and physician engagement by hiring passionate, diverse and inclusive healthcare professionals. People who care and encompass our values of Compassion , Professionalism and Respect . People who are committed to making a positive difference.
We are a Huron Consulting
hospital, focused on building our evidence-based leadership practice and hardwiring a culture that WOWs.
Humber River Hospital is a member of the Toronto Academic Health Science Network
(TAHSN), which is a dynamic network of academic health organizations providing leading edge research, teaching and clinical care.
We have collaborated with TAHSN member institutions in addressing the challenges of the COVID-19 pandemic. Our membership in TAHSN supports our strategic pillar of advancing Humber River Hospital as a community academic hospital.
Humber River Hospital was the recipient of the 2021 Excellence in Patient Safety Award
by the Canadian College of Health Leaders. This award recognizes teams that are committed to improving patient safety within a healthcare environment, through leadership, innovation, culture, and best practises.
Why? Because at Humber River Hospital, we know it is our people and our ability to innovate that allows us to consistently deliver a great patient experience and the best quality outcomes. After all, we are the hospital that believes exceptional care...healthier community
This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by the employee within this position. However, the actual responsibilities, duties, qualifications and experience may vary. Employee may perform other related duties as required to meet the ongoing needs of the organization. Information contained in this job posting/description is subject to change.
Humber River Hospital is committed to inclusion and diversity. We believe that diversity drives our culture of innovation. By bringing together a variety of different perspectives, it fuels our creative thinking, generates new ideas and creates solutions designed to address tomorrow's healthcare challenges today. We take pride in providing professional development and career advancement opportunities for our employees including minorities, women, veterans and individuals with physical and developmental disabilities. We also provide accommodation to applicants and all of our employees - from hire to retire.
Let us know what we can do to help you be successful during your recruitment experience at Humber River Hospital.