Home Care Assistance of Barrie is looking for a Part/Full time PSW to join our team in Beeton!
The ideal person for this position has experience, enjoys working individually or on occasion as a team, is well-spoken, energetic, and personable.Job Benefits:
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Competitive pay
- Make a difference in a senior's life
- Access to office personnel for support 24/7
- We treat all our Caregivers, RCA, PSW's and Nurses as family.
- Assist with laundry, striping beds, putting items in wash/dryer, folding, etc.
- Personal care including bathing, dressing, mobility, incontinence care, and other services
- Companionship and friendship for seniors and loved ones
- Follow care plan and complete documentation
- Follow direction of charge nurse
The ideal candidates will possess:
- Successful completion of a Personal Support Worker from an approved college or private institution meeting the standards established by the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities, National Association of Career Colleges, as per established provincial requirement
- Current Food Handlers Safety Awareness certification is an asset.
- A passion for the job and helping others
- Access to reliable transportation
- Ability to pass a Vulnerable Sector Check and Criminal Record check
- A hunger to learn how to best care for your clients thought Surge Learning
- Demonstrated working experience with the elderly in a health care setting, knowledgeable with respect to their needs
- All applicants must successfully pass the prescribed Police Vulnerable Sector Check
- Proof of valid Covid19 vaccines
- LTC experience is considered an asset
- Ability to lift heavy objects up to 50lbs, stand for long periods of time; walk and climb stairs frequently throughout the day; Crouch, kneel, stoop/bend for short periods of time; ability to tolerate heat in kitchen area
- Knowledge of procedures and techniques involved in administering simple treatment and related bedside care to the residents
- Ability to exercise tact and diplomacy in dealing with residents, families, and visitors
- Excellent attendance and punctuality
- Hardworking, compassionate, positive, solution-oriented, professional and flexible
Don't just take our word for it! Here are some reviews from our current staff! We are the Champions of Aging Well!
- Industry leading wages, individual job reviews done annually
- Flexible scheduling Access to on-call personnel 24/7
- Benefits are available to staff working FT hours
- Be one of the few to join the amazing Home Care Assistance Family
As a company, we adhere to the best business practices - fully insured, we also cover all employees with worker's compensation and will take care of any related tax reporting. Our strong commitment to hiring and developing only excellent caregivers has helped us become the premier provider of non-medical senior care!
Home Care Assistance, Barrie/Simcoe County is the leading Staffing Solution company for Barrie and Simcoe County, but don't just take our word for it! Here are some recent reviews from our staff; PSW (Barrie, ON 2021)
"Home Care Assistance is hands down, the best employer I have ever worked for. I feel valued, appreciated, and respected as a PSW; especially one who is new to the field. I have been welcomed and supported through my entire journey since day one. I can honestly say I feel lucky to have found such a wonderful team to work with" Nursing Student (Barrie, ON 2021)
I had a wonderful experience working with Home Care Assistance of Barrie as a personal support worker. They are a very responsive and supportive company and all the staff members are so welcoming and encouraging. They take the time to appreciate their employees and check in at regular times to ensure you are happy with how things are going and they always ask for feedback on how they could ever improve your experience. Excellent employer,-. I should also point out how much they strive for excellent care to their clients. They have so many resources available that can be used for different client needs that make their services above and beyond what other companies offer. They really care about the work they are involved in and it really shows. Caregiver (Bradford, ON 2021)
I have worked for many different agencies and this is by far the best one out there. The managers are the absolute best, I have never had an employer that genuinely cares for me as much as these guys do! I haven't had any problems or complaints but I am confident that if something were to happen it would be dealt with immediately. Everyone they hire is also amazing, I love coming into work and getting to see them. Thank you guys for everything you do!We are reviewing applications daily looking for future and IMMEDIATE starts!
Powered by JazzHR