ONA Job Posting #897761
Position: Registered Nurse
Site: E.W. Bickle Centre, Toronto Rehab
Department: Complex Continuing Care, South 3
Reports to: Manager, Program Services
Salary Range: $34.24 - 49.02 per hour (Start rate: determined in accordance with collective agreement requirements)
Hours: 0.50 FTE Shifts: Days/Nights
Status: Permanent Part Time
"Transforming lives and communities through excellence in care, discovery and learning"
At University Health Network, which consists of Toronto General, Toronto Western, Princess Margaret and Toronto Rehab hospitals, nothing is more important to us than our team of dedicated employees. UHN focuses on creating and maintaining a workplace of choice, where our people are recognized and valued. We focus on creating a workplace where people enjoy the challenge of their career, create and engage in best practices and are treated with respect.
One of North America's leading rehabilitation sciences centers, Toronto Rehabilitation Institute is revolutionizing rehabilitation by helping people overcome the challenges of disabling injury, illness or age related health conditions to live active, healthier, more independent lives. It integrates innovative patient care, groundbreaking research and diverse education to build healthier communities and advance the role of rehabilitation in the health system. Toronto Rehab, along with Toronto Western, Toronto General and Princess Margaret Hospitals, is a member of the University Health Network and affiliated with the University of Toronto.
South 3 is a 34 bed general medicine & Hemodialysis Complex Continuing Care (CCC) inpatient unit at the E.W. Bickle Centre on Dunn Ave. The Interprofessional team provides a broad range of care and 24/7 support to individuals who are unable to live independently as a result of chronic and complex health issues or traumatic injuries.
South 3 has 12 Hemodialysis beds for CCC qualified patients who require Hemodialysis to manage their Chronic Kidney Disease. The patients travel 3 times a week to the Hemodialysis Unit located at 550 University Avenue to receive Hemodialysis. The Hemodialysis unit is operated by the UHN nephrology service.Job Summary
- Plan, manage, evaluate and coordinate comprehensive professional nursing care for patients and families within the context of an interdisciplinary practice
- Use theoretical and empirical knowledge and the input of team members to plan and implement care for Complex Continuing Care patients and families
- Education of patients, family, referring facilities and other community providers regarding dementia care
- Participate in inter-professional team care planning forums, inter-professional rounds and family conferences
- Provides leadership, supervision and mentorship to students and new staff on the unit related to Complex Continuing Care
- Participate in professional, program and hospital-wide initiatives, including professional development of self
- Compliance with and commitment to patient safety responsibilities and corresponding hospital plans, policies and procedures in order to ensure a safe environment for patients
Re-Posted Date: May 9, 2022 Closing Date: until filled
- Baccalaureate degree in Nursing preferred
- Member in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Experience in Complex Continuing Care rehabilitation preferred
- Ability to demonstrate strong health assessment skills
- Specialty certification preferred (Canadian Nurses Association)
- Successful completion of Basic Cardiac Life Support (C level) Heart Saver Plus (Canada)
- Member, Registered Nurses Association of Ontario (RNAO), OARN (SIG) preferred
- Excellent conceptual and theoretical understanding of nursing concepts and ability to articulate the concepts as they relate to Complex Continuing Care Rehabilitation
- Superior clinical decision-making skills that reflect patient centeredness, problem solving and critical thinking
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and leadership skills
- Demonstrated ability to use theoretical concepts and research findings in practice
- Demonstrated ability to teach students within the context of a teaching hospital
- Proven ability to work independently, and as part of an inter-professional team
- Excellent knowledge of standards of rehabilitation nursing practice and applicable health care legislation
- Demonstrated ability to identify and meet own learning needs for pursue ongoing professional development
- Ability to provide substantiated rationale for clinical management of patient care
- Successful candidate is required to work rotational shift
- Computer proficiency required or willing to pursue appropriate computer training
- Vaccines (COVID-19 and others) are a requirement of the job unless you have an exemption on a medical ground pursuant to the Ontario Human Rights Code.
If you are interested in making a contribution at UHN, please apply on-line. You will be asked to copy and paste as well as attach your resume and covering letter. You will also be required to complete some initial screening questions.
For current UHN employees, only those who have successfully completed their probationary period, have a good employee record along with satisfactory attendance in accordance with UHN's attendance management program and possess all the required experience and qualifications should apply.
UHN thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
UHN is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. We are committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity and welcomes all applicants including but not limited to: all religions and ethnicities, LGBTQ2s+, BIPOC, persons with disabilities and all others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the Bona-fide requirements for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.