Apply for position Nurse Practitioner - Neonatal Intensive Care Unit - Regular Full-time (221160)
Toronto, ON, CA Posted: 4/8/2022 2:46:39 PM
We currently have a Regular Full-time
opportunity for a Nurse Practitioner
in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
at our Bayview
campus. Hours of Work:
Weekdays and Weekends:
Days, Evenings, (9, 10 & 12 hour shifts)
Statutory Holidays required Summary of Duties
- Practices within the full scope of the Nurse Practitioner role conducting assessments, developing diagnoses and therapeutic plans of care.
- Promotes wellness and health promotion in order to provide exemplary quality care through the application of advanced clinical and theoretical knowledge and skills.
- Demonstrates sound clinical reasoning and current evidence in decision making, planning and implementing care.
- Coordinates with nurses to stimulate interest and provide innovative learning opportunities to integrate research findings, theory, and technique for advanced patient care.
- Collaborates with Clinical Educator, Patient Care Manager, and staff, prepares and guides nurses in the teaching-learning process in order to advance nursing strategic goals and Corporate objectives.
- Contributes to the performance review process and participates in the hiring of administrators, nursing staff and other health care professionals.
- Serves as a resource and consultant to administration in decision-making, strategic planning and problem-solving processes
- RN(EC) licence from College of Nurses of Ontario, NP-Neonatal or Paediatric designation required
- Significant recent related Neonatal ICU nursing experience required
- Master's degree in Nursing and Nurse Practitioner Diploma required
- Demonstrated skills and knowledge from the profession of nursing, and healthcare management
- Demonstrated experience through roles of advanced practitioner, educator, researcher and leader
- Experience precepting undergraduate, graduate and post-graduate nursing students, as well as clinical fellows in their clinical experience, and evaluating their performance
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their cover letter and resume (in one document) quoting 221160
Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre
To apply, please click ''Apply for Position'' at the bottom of this page.
Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please indicate this in your cover letter.
Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre is strongly committed to inclusion and diversity within its community and welcomes all applicants including but not limited to: visible minorities, all religions and ethnicities, persons with disabilities, LGBTQ persons, and all others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas.
Please be advised that in order to be eligible for employment at Sunnybrook, all new hires must have received the full series of a COVID-19 vaccine or combination of COVID-19 vaccines approved by Health Canada (e.g., two doses of a two-dose vaccine series, or one dose of a single-dose vaccine series); AND
have received the final dose of the COVID-19 vaccine at least 14 days ago. Medical exemptions or any other kind of requested exemption based upon the Hospital's obligations pursuant to the Ontario Human Rights Code will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Apply for position
« Back to Non Union