Vice President, Clinical Services & Chief Nursing Officer
The Hospitals are fully accredited and have a 92 bed complement with additional services such as emergency departments, an active surgical program, a full range of outpatient services and a busy visiting Specialist Program. The Hospitals serve over 20,000 residents combined across the Kirkland Lake, Englehart and surrounding areas.
This executive mandate would be an exceptional career opportunity for a Registered Nurse whose track record of success includes 7 to 10 years of progressive senior leadership experience.
Reporting to the President & Chief Executive Officer, you will establish and monitor criteria for clinical excellence and best practice so as to promote the advancement of clinical practice. An innovative, strategic leader committed to shared decision-making, you will provide a vision and guide the organization in creating a collaborative inter-professional practice environment that maximizes professional scope of practice and shared governance, as well as lead the development and implementation of a strategy that supports excellence in patient-centred care, education and research. Among your priorities, you will be promoting the advancement of all professional staff through continuous improvement of the standards of practice for nursing and allied health professionals.
- Master’s degree in Nursing or a combination of relevant education and experience Current and continuing registration in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario Active membership in professional associations, e.g., RNAO A minimum of 7 to 10 years’ progressive senior leadership experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of legislation as it pertains to the hospital sector, including the Public Hospitals Act, the Broader Public sector Accountability Act, the Excellent Care for All Act, and the Public Sector Compensation Restraint to Protect Public Services Act Strong leadership and project management skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills Demonstrated teamwork / team-leading skills, and previous success with interdisciplinary relationship building
- Demonstrated clear framework for inter-professional practice which is meaningful for all disciplines
- A track record in implementing and evaluating professional practice models, implementing professional standards and advancing the scope of practice
- Knowledge of health care delivery systems, and applicable federal and provincial health care legislation and regulations
- Knowledge of service improvement techniques and demonstrated history of ability in improving service delivery
- Recognized external and internal connections to relevant stakeholders
- Extensive and broad clinical background
- Demonstrated respect for, and knowledge of, a wide variety of health care disciplines
- Strong commitment to, and belief in, shared governance and decision-making processes
- Demonstrated vision for professional practice, nursing, the organization and patient-centred care philosophy
- A reputation as a courageous risk taker and an innovative, authentic leader, intellectually curious and open-minded.
Compensation & Benefits Information
- Eligibility to enroll in the Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan (HOOPP). Please visit the website for more information https://hoopp.com/
- Paid vacation and benefits coverage
Please submit your resume to Debra Schenk, CHRL – Manager, Human Resources
Only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview. Blanche River Health is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.