ONA Posting #896505
Position: Registered Nurse
Site: University Centre, Toronto Rehab
Department: Musculoskeletal (MSK) Rehab Program, 7 South
Reports to: Manager, Program Services
Salary Range: $33.90 to $48.53 (Start rate: determined in accordance with collective agreement requirements)
Hours: 37.5 hours per week; Shifts: Days/Evenings
Status: Permanent Full-time
''Transforming lives and communities through excellence in care, discovery and learning''
At University Health Network, which consists of Toronto General, Toronto Western, Princess Margaret and Toronto Rehab hospitals, nothing is more important to us than our team of dedicated employees. UHN focuses on creating and maintaining a workplace of choice, where our people are recognized and valued. We focus on creating a workplace where people enjoy the challenge of their career, create and engage in best practices and are treated with respect.
Our dynamic, multidisciplinary team consists of, but not limited to physicians, nursing, respiratory therapy, physical therapy, occupational therapy, speech therapy, nutritional support, social work, pharmacy, and pastoral care. The focus for the health care team is quality patient outcomes and high levels of patient satisfaction.
As a member of the Musculoskeletal Rehab (MSK) team, the Registered Nurse will practice in accordance with relevant legislation/standards, meeting the legal and ethical requirements of the profession. The principle responsibilities include: planning, managing, evaluating and coordinating comprehensive professional nursing care for patients and families within the context of an interdisciplinary practice; using theoretical and research knowledge and the input of team members to plan and implement care including health promotion for complex MSK and Trauma patients and families; educating patients, family, referring facilities and other community providers regarding MSK/Trauma rehabilitation; participating in inter-professional team care planning forums, inter-professional rounds and family conferences; providing leadership, mentorship to, and supervision of students and new staff on the unit related to MSK rehabilitation nursing; participating in professional, program and hospital-wide initiatives, including professional development of self.
• Member in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario
• Baccalaureate degree in Nursing preferred
• Experience in Complex MSK and Trauma rehabilitation required
• Specialty certification preferred (Canadian Nurses Association)
• Successful completion of Basic Cardiac Life Support (C level) Heart Saver Plus (Canada)
• Excellent conceptual and theoretical understanding of nursing concepts and ability to articulate the concepts as they relate to Complex MSK and Trauma rehabilitation
• Superior clinical decision making skills that reflect patient centeredness, problem solving and critical thinking
• Excellent communication, interpersonal, and leadership skills
• Demonstrated ability to use theoretical concepts and research findings in practice
• Demonstrated ability to supervise students within the context of a teaching hospital
• Proven ability to work independently, and as part of an inter-professional team
• Excellent knowledge of applicable health care legislation
• Demonstrated ability to identify and meet own learning needs in pursuit of ongoing professional development
• Computer proficiency required or willing to pursue appropriate training in computer software
• Ability to provide substantiated rationale for clinical management of patient care
• Good attendance required
Vaccines (COVID-19 and others) are a requirement of the job unless you have an exemption on a medical ground pursuant to the Ontario Human Rights Code.
Posted Date: April 26, 2022 Closing Date: until filled
For current UHN employees, only those who have successfully completed their probationary period, have a good employee record along with satisfactory attendance in accordance with UHN's attendance management program, and possess all the required experience and qualifications should apply.
UHN thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
UHN is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. We are committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity and welcomes all applicants including but not limited to: all religions and ethnicities, LGBTQ2s+, BIPOC, persons with disabilities and all others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the Bona-fide requirements for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.