REGISTERED NURSES (Full-Time Temporary Nights) - Extendicare Van Daele
Extendicare is a leading provider of care and services for seniors throughout Canada. Through our network of over 115 operated senior care and living centres, as well as our home health care operations, we are committed to delivering care throughout the health care continuum to meet the needs of a growing seniors' population in Canada. Our qualified and highly trained workforce of 23,700 individuals are united by a dedication to quality care and by our vision of being the best provider of senior care and services in Canada
Candidates are invited to apply for Full-Time Temporary (Nights) Registered Nurse positions to work at our Extendicare Van Daele facility, a 100-bed long-term care home, located in Sault Ste Marie, Ontario. Reporting to the Director of Care, the RN will enhance the effective management and quality of nursing practice in keeping with the Standards of the College of Nurses of Ontario, Long Term Care Standards and Extendicare Standards.RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure resident care is provided with established nursing standards and principles, physicians' orders and administrative policies, as well as, observe, report and record vital signs, symptoms and conditions of residents, and initiate remedial health and behavioural supportive measures where appropriate. Assure observance of required techniques in nursing care.
- Assess residents and develop, implement, review and evaluate resident care plans. Monitor residents' health, notes changes in condition and assess need for referral to doctors; processes and implement physicians' orders.
- Organize and direct functions and activities related to provision of care to residents including restorative care and palliative care as required. Interprets and implements established policies, procedures and regulations.
- Plan, direct, supervise and evaluate the work of nursing and personal care staff assigned to the unit. Orient and train new personnel and may participate in in-service education. Monitor staff performance and refer concerns to the Director of Care.
Closing Date: May 30, 2022
- Extensive knowledge of nursing and health care practices, as well as Knowledge in Infection Control Practices.
- Strong assessment skills essential
- Essential to have a working knowledge of MDS/RAI and effective use of such to plan individual care planning for the residents needs
- Effective human relation skills and demonstrated commitment to working with the elderly populations and their associated health and cognitive issues.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work independently and collaboratively are essential.
- Understand the acts, regulations and standards surrounding Long Term Care
- Working knowledge of behavioural approaches used to manage those residents with challenging behaviours in the long-term setting using the gentle care model or similar
Please forward all applications to the following: Name
: Mary Deschene, Administrator E-mail
In Ontario, Extendicare, ParaMed Home Health Care and affiliated organizations including our partner homes in Extendicare Assist, accommodate the needs of job applicants throughout its recruitment and selection processes in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Accommodation needs must be provided in advance. To discuss your needs, please contact the individual noted in the posting.
Extendicare recognizes the importance of immunization to protect our residents, patients, team members and visitors from COVID-19. As such, subject to medical exemptions, a condition of employment with Extendicare is requiring that all new hires have received all required doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved by Health Canada.