Through a patient and family centered approach, the Registered Practical Nurse provides holistic, high quality and safe care to patients within the scope of practice identified by the College of Nurses of Ontario, evidence-based nursing practices and the standards set by Mackenzie Health. Registered Practical Nurses provide care to patients with complex care needs that are well defined and established, who have predictable outcomes and manageable responses. As a member of and in collaboration with the interprofessional care team, the Registered Practical Nurse contributes to creating a world-class health experience for patients and their families with every interaction based on professionalism, the Hospital's Commitment to Caring and Mackenzie Health's values of excellence, leadership and empathy.Contribute to safe, quality care by
What must you have?
- Managing a workload effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Addressing and resolving issues in a productive, respectful manner.
- Exercising sound professional judgment and using best practice guidelines.
- Contributing to a safe, inclusive environment for all through compliance with patient and staff safety policies and procedures.
What else do you bring?
- Current Certificate of Registration in the General Class with the College of Nurses of Ontario.
- If graduated prior to 1995, medication administration certificate from an approved community college required.
- Current Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) certification.
- Proven clinical experience with patient-focused care, including strong patient assessment, care planning, patient education and documentation skills.
- Must have physical strength, flexibility, and endurance required to perform the role based on assessment conducted by the Occupational Health and Safety Department.
Preferably, your profile also includes:
- Experience working with electronic medical records.
- Familiarity with the Regulated Health Professions Act, Occupational Health and Safety Act, WHMIS, and the Standards of Practice of the College of Nurses of Ontario.
- Excellent interpersonal, listening, and verbal and written communication skills in English, with an ability to deliver information and work effectively with patients, families and colleagues.
- Proven Organizational skills with an ability to manage workload effectively in a fast-paced work environment.
- Ability to effectively address and resolve issues including conflict in a productive and respectful manner.
- Ability to work effectively independently and collaboratively within an interprofessional team.
- Demonstrated strong decision-making, problem-solving and critical thinking skills.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and adjust to new or unexpected events.
- Demonstrated commitment to continuous learning and professional development.
- Proven attendance record.
- Demonstrates understanding and complies with patient and staff safety policies and procedures that foster a safe and inclusive environment for all.
- Effectively uses empathy in interaction with other.
- Demonstrates behavior consistent with Mackenzie Health's Commitment to Caring and values - Excellence, Leadership and Empathy.
- Practical Nurse Diploma from an approved nursing program preferred.
- Recent completion of a physical assessment course.
- Member of the Registered Practical Nurses' Association of Ontario (RPNAO) preferred.
- A minimum of 1 year recent nursing experience working as a Registered Practical Nurse in an acute care setting within the past 3 years preferred.
- Experience working with the elderly and geriatric population, preferred.
- Ability to speak a second language.
*This position is represented by OPSEU
*Primary location at Humber River - York/Finch location however; may be assigned to Mackenzie Health-Main site location FOR EXTERNAL APPLICANTS:
As a condition of employment, you are required to submit proof of full COVID-19 vaccination to Mackenzie Health's Occupational Health and Safety department.