Apply for position Registered Nurse - Cardiac Cath Lab (SB021121)
Toronto, ON, CA Posted: 2/11/2021 10:10:26 AM
We currently have Regular Full Time
and Part Time
opportunities for Registered Nurses
in the Schulich Heart Centre: Cardiac Cath Lab
Department at our Bayview
Campus. Hours of Work:
Days, Evenings/weekdays; 10hrs; some On-call (after hours and weekends); As per schedule If you have a passion for Nursing in Cardiac Care, We can offer you an exciting opportunity in our Cardiac Cath Lab at Sunnybrook. Our Cardiac Cath Lab Biography:
Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre is one of the largest tertiary academic centre in Toronto with a cutting edge cardiac program. We have 5 cardiac Cath Labs and serve as one of the biggest STEMI centers in the city. Our cardiac Labs provide Vascular and Coronary Angiography, Angioplasty, TAVI, MitraClip, Implantation of Pacemakers and Internal Cardiac Defibrillators, Electrophysiology Studies and Ablations. We have a positive and caring work environments where you can bring your real passion for cardiac nursing to the role and be part of our team. Summary of Duties
Patient assessment, intervention, education and patient advocacy; Pre procedural prep, set up and assist with Diagnostic and Interventional procedures in the Cardiac Cath Lab, and post procedural recovery care.
The RN supports the Philosophy of Patient-Centred Care concept and principles along with the Mission and Values of Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre. The RN works closely with other members of the multi-professional team. Qualifications/Skills
- Current Certification with the Ontario College of Nurses
- BCLS and ACLS required (or to be obtained)
- Emergency Nursing Certificate, or Critical Care Certificate required
- Recent clinical experience in a Cath lab or Cardiology setting is an asset
- Ability to adapt to a fast-changing environment in a positive manner
- Demonstration of commitment to continuing education within the past two (2) years
- Ability to integrate and apply critical thinking skills to patient care
- Ability to function independently and as a part of the multidisciplinary team
- Cath lab is one of the healthcare areas that best exemplifies the critical concept of teamwork
- RN's are required to scrub, circulate and monitor patient hemodynamics from the control room. These roles, while independent and separate in their duties, seamlessly intertwine during the case.
- Successful applicant will be provided with comprehensive Orientation for each role. Advancement to other specialized Cath Lab areas will be made available once staff are clinically ready.
- Due to our innovative and cutting edge services, our environment provides career growth and educational opportunities.
- Our Cath Lab schedule is designed to provide the best possible work-life balance for our staff. You can always ask us to learn more about it.
- Cath Lab RN position is a dynamic and rewarding role that makes a difference in patient's life when it matters most.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their cover letter and resume (in one document) quoting SB021121
Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre
To apply, please click ''Apply for Position'' at the bottom of this page.
Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please indicate this in your cover letter.
Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre is strongly committed to inclusion and diversity within its community and welcomes all applicants including but not limited to: visible minorities, all religions and ethnicities, persons with disabilities, LGBTQ persons, and all others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas.
Please be advised that in order to be eligible for employment at Sunnybrook, all new hires must have received the full series of a COVID-19 vaccine or combination of COVID-19 vaccines approved by Health Canada (e.g., two doses of a two-dose vaccine series, or one dose of a single-dose vaccine series); AND
have received the final dose of the COVID-19 vaccine at least 14 days ago. Medical exemptions or any other kind of requested exemption based upon the Hospital's obligations pursuant to the Ontario Human Rights Code will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Apply for position
« Back to Nursing (RN / RPN)