Apply for position Registered Nurse - Mental Health - Temporary Full Time (220031)
Toronto, ON, CA Posted: 1/7/2022 1:13:02 PM
We currently have a Temporary Full-time (until approx. September 2022)
opportunity for a Registered Nurse
in the Mental Health
department at the Bayview Campus. Hours of Work: Weekdays
: Days, Evenings; 8hrs; As per schedule Alternating Weekends:
Days, Evenings, 8 hrs; As per schedule Statutory Holidays Required Summary of Duties:
Acts as a primary nurse and is responsible for providing direct patient care to youth, adult and psychogeriatric patients in accordance with a Patient Centred Care philosophy. Qualification & Skills:
- Current College of Nurses of Ontario registration
- Current C.L.S. Certificate
- Baccalaureate degree in Nursing
- Non-violent Crisis Intervention certification
- Minimum 1 year recent psychiatric nursing experience required
- Experience working in a PICU setting and with adolescent population required
- Psychiatric/Mental Health Nursing Certification preferred
- CBT and DBT training preferred
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and ability to establish therapeutic alliance with patients with various mental health diagnoses
- Demonstrated knowledge of person centre care principles and approaches
- Ability to problem solve, prioritize and manage time effectively
- Ability to work effectively within an inter-professional team environment
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their cover letter and resume (in one document) quoting 220031
Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre
To apply, please click ''Apply for the Position'' at the bottom of this page.
Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please indicate this in your cover letter.
Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre is strongly committed to inclusion and diversity within its community and welcomes all applicants including but not limited to: visible minorities, all religions and ethnicities, persons with disabilities, LGBTQ persons, and all others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas.
Please be advised that in order to be eligible for employment at Sunnybrook, all new hires must have received the full series of a COVID-19 vaccine or combination of COVID-19 vaccines approved by Health Canada (e.g., two doses of a two-dose vaccine series, or one dose of a single-dose vaccine series); AND
have received the final dose of the COVID-19 vaccine at least 14 days ago. Medical exemptions or any other kind of requested exemption based upon the Hospital's obligations pursuant to the Ontario Human Rights Code will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Apply for position
« Back to Nursing (RN / RPN)