Apply for position Future Opportunities - Registered Practical Nurse
Toronto, ON, CA Posted: 4/17/2014 1:15:18 PM
If you are interested in being considered for future openings for external candidates, and would like to submit your resume, please apply to this posting, and we will keep your resume on file for 6 months. We strongly encourage you to look for and apply to specific opportunities that you are qualified for.
The Registered Practical Nurse (RPN) establishes caring, therapeutic relationships with patients, residents and their families to attain or maintain optimal functioning by promoting health and/or treating health conditions through supportive, preventative, therapeutic, palliative and rehabilitative means. The RPN provides excellent patient and family-centered nursing care to patients with less complex health needs and more predictable outcomes in a culturally sensitive manner. The RPN also works collaboratively with Registered Nurses (RNs) to provide elements of care for patients with complex health issues and with less predictable outcomes. The RPN is an autonomous professional who works independently and interdependently as part of the interdisciplinary health care team. Qualifications/Skills
To apply please follow the below instructions carefully:
- Current registration in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario with no restrictions to practice as a Registered Practical Nurse required
- Current Heart and Stroke Foundation CPR Course Diploma or equivalent required
- RPN diploma or completion of continuing education to meet entry to practice competences from an accredited education program
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, high turnover environment
- Demonstrated interpersonal, communication and teamwork skills
- Evidence of ongoing commitment to professional practice and support of a quality practice setting environment
- Demonstrated ability to practice effectively in a collaborative interprofessional team
- Demonstrated critical-thinking, decision-making, and problem solving skills
- Ability to function autonomously and to adapt to readily to changing situations
- Demonstrated knowledge of and commitment to safe, high quality, ethical care
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resumes and cover letters, in one document, to:
Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre
In the Cover Letter/Comments section on the Application page, please indicate what area or unit you are interested in, and what type of position (Full Time, Part Time, Casual, or Temporary) you are interested in.
To apply, please click ''Apply for Position'' near the top right corner of this page.
Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please indicate this in your cover letter.
Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre is strongly committed to inclusion and diversity within its community and welcomes all applicants including but not limited to: visible minorities, all religions and ethnicities, persons with disabilities, LGBTQ persons, and all others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas.
Please be advised that in order to be eligible for employment at Sunnybrook, all new hires must have received the full series of a COVID-19 vaccine or combination of COVID-19 vaccines approved by Health Canada (e.g., two doses of a two-dose vaccine series, or one dose of a single-dose vaccine series); AND
have received the final dose of the COVID-19 vaccine at least 14 days ago. Medical exemptions or any other kind of requested exemption based upon the Hospital's obligations pursuant to the Ontario Human Rights Code will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Apply for position
« Back to Nursing (RN / RPN)