Apply for position Registered Nurse - Palliative Care Unit - Regular Part-time (SB060621)
Toronto, ON, CA Posted: 7/22/2021 12:00:38 PM
We currently have opportunities for Regular Part-time Registered Nurses
in our Palliative Care Unit
in our Bayview
campus. Summary of Duties
The RN is responsible for total care of a group of patients within a primary nursing care delivery model. The RN supports the Philosophy of person and family centred Care concept and the Mission, vision and Values of both Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre and the palliative care unit. The RN works closely with other members of the interprofessional team. Qualifications/Skills
- Current registration with the Ontario College of Nurses
- Current B.C.L.S. certification
- Palliative Care experience required
- Excellent assessment skills required
- Experience in Palliative Care pain and symptom management
- Knowledge of Palliative Care Standards preferred
- Conflict resolution skills an asset
- Demonstrated knowledge of Person Centred Care approach and principles
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as a part of the interprofessional team
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills and critical thinking skills
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their cover letter and resume (in one document) quoting SB060621
Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre
To apply, please click ''Apply for the Position'' at the bottom of this page.
Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please indicate this in your cover letter.
Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre is strongly committed to inclusion and diversity within its community and welcomes all applicants including but not limited to: visible minorities, all religions and ethnicities, persons with disabilities, LGBTQ persons, and all others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas.
Please be advised that in order to be eligible for employment at Sunnybrook, all new hires must have received the full series of a COVID-19 vaccine or combination of COVID-19 vaccines approved by Health Canada (e.g., two doses of a two-dose vaccine series, or one dose of a single-dose vaccine series); AND
have received the final dose of the COVID-19 vaccine at least 14 days ago. Medical exemptions or any other kind of requested exemption based upon the Hospital's obligations pursuant to the Ontario Human Rights Code will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Apply for position
« Back to Nursing (RN / RPN)