Job Description Registered Nurse - A1 and A2 FloaterThere's never been a better time to join Mackenzie Health! Mackenzie Health's two hospitals - Mackenzie Richmond Hill Hospital and Cortellucci Vaughan Hospital - and our community-based locations provide the ultimate in care to our community. We have opportunities available. Ultimately, this is where you want to be.
As a Registered Nurse, you'll use a patient- and family-centred approach in providing holistic, quality and safe care to patients within the scope of practice identified by the College of Nurses of Ontario, evidence-based nursing practices and the standards set by Mackenzie Health. Working independently and collaboratively as part of the interprofessional care team, you'll contribute to creating a world-class health experience for patients and their families, by demonstrating professionalism at every turn, upholding our values of excellence, leadership and empathy, and exemplifying our Commitment to Caring.Contribute to safe, quality care by
What must you have?
- Managing a workload effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Addressing and resolving issues in a productive, respectful manner.
- Exercising sound professional judgment and using best practice guidelines.
- Contributing to a safe, inclusive environment for all through compliance with patient and staff safety policies and procedures.
What else do you bring?
- Current Certificate of Registration in the General Class with the College of Nurses of Ontario.
- Current Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) certification.
- Proven clinical experience with patient-focused care, including strong patient assessment, care planning, patient education and documentation skills.
Preferably, your profile also includes:
- Experience working with electronic medical records.
- Familiarity with the Regulated Health Professions Act, Occupational Health and Safety Act, WHMIS, and the Standards of Practice of the College of Nurses of Ontario.
- Excellent interpersonal, listening, and verbal and written communication skills in English, with an ability to deliver information and work effectively with patients, families and colleagues.
- Demonstrated strong decision-making, problem-solving and critical thinking skills.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and adjust to new or unexpected events.
- Demonstrated commitment to continuous learning and professional development.
- Proven attendance record.
- Demonstrates understanding and complies with patient and staff safety policies and procedures that foster a safe and inclusive environment for all.
- Ability to perform the essential duties of the job.
- Effectively uses empathy in interactions with others.
- Demonstrates behaviours consistent with Mackenzie Health's Commitment to Caring and values - Excellence, Leadership and Empathy.
- Commitment to providing an exceptional experience for staff and clients within a challenging and exciting health care environment.
- Baccalaureate degree in Nursing from an approved nursing program.
- Recent completion of a physical assessment course.
- Completion of Core Competencies for stroke; expected completion within 6 months.
- Membership in the Registered Nurses' Association of Ontario (RNAO)/Canadian Nurses Association (CNA).
- At least 1 year of recent nursing experience (within the past 3 years) working as a Registered Nurse in an acute care setting.
- Experience working with palliative and complex continuing care patients
- Experience working with the elderly.
- Ability to speak a second language.
*This position is representated by ONA
*You may be required to work at any site of Mackenzie Health.FOR EXTERNAL APPLICANTS:
As a condition of employment, you are required to submit proof of full COVID-19 vaccination to Mackenzie Health's Occupational Health and Safety department.