Apply for position Registered Practical Nurse - Palliative Care Unit - Regular Part-time (SB060421)
Toronto, ON, CA Posted: 6/4/2021 3:52:27 PM
We currently have opportunities for Regular Part-Time Registered Practical Nurses
in our Palliative Care Unit
in our Bayview
campus. Summary of Duties
RPNs are responsible for the total care of a group of palliative care patients within a Primary Nursing care delivery model within their scope of practice. The RPN supports the philosophy of Person Centred Care concept and principles and the Mission and Values of Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre. The RPN works closely with other members of the interprofessional team. Qualifications/Skills
- Current registration with the Ontario College of Nurses
- Current B.C.L.S. certification
- Diploma RPN or equivalent
- Fundamentals in palliative care and Comprehensive advance palliative care education or LEAP or Desouza Hospice palliative care courses preferred
- Palliative Care pain and symptom management experience required
- Hospice Palliative Care experience required
- Excellent assessment skills required
- Knowledge of the Canadian Hospice Palliative care standards preferred
- Experience with managing complex responsive behaviours preferred
- Demonstrated commitment to Person and family-Centred Care approach and principles
- Excellent interpersonal communication and problem solving skills
- Basic computer and key boarding skills
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their cover letter and resume (in one document) quoting SB060421
Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre
To apply, please click ''Apply for Position'' at the bottom of this page.
Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please indicate this in your cover letter.
Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre is strongly committed to inclusion and diversity within its community and welcomes all applicants including but not limited to: visible minorities, all religions and ethnicities, persons with disabilities, LGBTQ persons, and all others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas.
Please be advised that in order to be eligible for employment at Sunnybrook, all new hires must have received the full series of a COVID-19 vaccine or combination of COVID-19 vaccines approved by Health Canada (e.g., two doses of a two-dose vaccine series, or one dose of a single-dose vaccine series); AND
have received the final dose of the COVID-19 vaccine at least 14 days ago. Medical exemptions or any other kind of requested exemption based upon the Hospital's obligations pursuant to the Ontario Human Rights Code will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Apply for position
« Back to Nursing (RN / RPN)