Apply for position
Registered Nurse - Holland Same Day Admission - Regular Part-time (0.5 FTE) (213446) Toronto, ON, CA Posted: 11/23/2021 8:43:03 AM
We currently have a Regular Part-Time (0.5 FTE) opportunity for a Registered Nurse position in the Same Day Admission at our Holland Campus.
Hours of Work: Weekdays: Days; 8hrs ; As per schedule
Alternating Weekends: As Required
Summary of Duties
· We are seeking a multi-skilled nurse with experience working in a critical care setting and with orthopaedic patients, who has strong physical assessment skills and knowledge of the care of patients undergoing regional anaesthetics and during Phase 2 recovery. The individual must have strong clinical assessment skills and organizational abilities to maintain high standards of care in the immediate pre-operative post-operative phase.
· Ability to adapt to an fast-changing and stressful environment
· Excellent problem-solving and critical thinking skills
· Providing physical assistance with patient transfers and ambulation with assistance
· Rotating into the Block area
· Recovery Room Certificate, Coronary Care II or I.C.U. Certificate Mandatory
· BCLS/ACLS required
· 3-5 years medical-surgical experience
· Minimum 3 years' experience in an Intensive Care/Recovery Room setting
· Phlebotomy/IV Insertion certification
· ECG interpretation
· Recent orthopaedic surgical experience with skills in Pre-Op and Post-Op care
· Patient/Family teaching
· Proven assessment and organizational skills
· Philosophy of Person-Centred Care
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their cover letter and resume (in one document) quoting 213446 to:
Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre
To apply, please click ''Apply for Position'' at the bottom of this page.
Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please indicate this in your cover letter.
Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre is strongly committed to inclusion and diversity within its community and welcomes all applicants including but not limited to: visible minorities, all religions and ethnicities, persons with disabilities, LGBTQ persons, and all others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas.
Please be advised that in order to be eligible for employment at Sunnybrook, all new hires must have received the full series of a COVID-19 vaccine or combination of COVID-19 vaccines approved by Health Canada (e.g., two doses of a two-dose vaccine series, or one dose of a single-dose vaccine series); AND have received the final dose of the COVID-19 vaccine at least 14 days ago. Medical exemptions or any other kind of requested exemption based upon the Hospital's obligations pursuant to the Ontario Human Rights Code will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Apply for position
« Back to Nursing (RN / RPN)