Apply for position Registered Nurse - Veteran's Centre/Geriatrics (LDMH) - Temporary Part-time (0.3 FTE) (212706)
Toronto, ON, CA Posted: 12/21/2021 9:53:04 AM
We currently have a Temporary Part-time (0.3 FTE)
opportunity for a Registered Nurse
in the Veteran's Centre (LDMH)
at Bayview (until approx. August 2022). Hours of Work:
Weekdays: Days, Evenings, 8 hrs; As per schedule
Alternating Weekends: Days, Evenings, 8 hrs; As per schedule
Statutory Holidays Required Summary of Duties
The RN is responsible for total care of a group of patients within a primary nursing care delivery model. The RN supports the Philosophy of person and family centred Care concept and the Mission, vision and Values of both Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre and the palliative care unit. The RN works closely with other members of the interprofessional team. Qualifications/Skills
- Current registration with the Ontario College of Nurses
- Current B.C.L.S. certification
- DMH experience preferred
- Enrolment in Dementia Specialist Diploma program preferred
- Non-violent Crisis Intervention course an asset
- Patient and Family focused care philosophy required
- Experience in Long Term Care essential
- Cognitive support experience essential
- Ability to function in an interdisciplinary setting as a primary nurse
- Ability to work effectively and therapeutically in a setting with residents with Alzheimer's type dementia
- Demonstrated commitment to person centred care approaches and principles
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as a part of the interprofessional team
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills and critical thinking skills
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their cover letter and resume (in one document) quoting 212706
Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre
To apply, please click ''Apply for the Position'' at the bottom of this page.
Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please indicate this in your cover letter.
Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre is strongly committed to inclusion and diversity within its community and welcomes all applicants including but not limited to: visible minorities, all religions and ethnicities, persons with disabilities, LGBTQ persons, and all others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas.
Please be advised that in order to be eligible for employment at Sunnybrook, all new hires must have received the full series of a COVID-19 vaccine or combination of COVID-19 vaccines approved by Health Canada (e.g., two doses of a two-dose vaccine series, or one dose of a single-dose vaccine series); AND
have received the final dose of the COVID-19 vaccine at least 14 days ago. Medical exemptions or any other kind of requested exemption based upon the Hospital's obligations pursuant to the Ontario Human Rights Code will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Apply for position
« Back to Nursing (RN / RPN)