Apply for position Registered Nurse - Post Anesthesia Care Unit - Regular Part-time (SBP092121)
Toronto, ON, CA Posted: 9/23/2021 9:58:21 AM
We currently have Regular Part-time opportunities for a Registered Nurse
on the Post Anesthesia Care Unit
at Bayview. Summary of Duties
The PACU RN is responsible for the primary care of post-operative patients, including phase 1 and 2 recovery. In this dynamic environment the core functions of the RN include: assessment, intervention, education and patient advocacy The RN must support the Philosophy of Person Centred-Care and the Mission Vision and Values of Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre. The RN works closely with other members of the interdisciplinary team in the provision of care for each patient. The nurse's practice will adhere to the standards of the College of Nurses of Ontario, and the Ontario Peri-Anesthesia Nurse Association. Qualifications/Skills
- Minimum 2 years recent post-surgical care experience required;
- Critical Care Course required;
- Recent Critical Care/ PACU experience required;
- Flexibility to work throughout the Peri-Anesthesia environment in order to promote patient flow;
- Ability to integrate and apply critical thinking skills to patient care;
- Ability to handle a stressful environment in a positive manner;
- Able to function independently and as an active member of the interdisciplinary team;
- Venipuncture and IV Certification required;
- Knowledge of Infection Prevention and Control best practice;
- Demonstrated knowledge in person centered care approach and principles
- Demonstrated commitment to continuing education within the past 2 years;
- Demonstrated commitment to organizational initiatives, participation in nursing council, unit committees and quality improvement projects;
- Demonstrated effective ability in: interpersonal relationships; oral and written communication skills; organization skills; prioritizing; problem solving; decision making; facilitating team work; conflict resolution;
- Current Ontario Registration; Current BCLS; ACLS preferred.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their cover letter and resume (in one document) quoting SBP092121
Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre
To apply, please click ''Apply for the Position'' at the bottom of this page.
Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please indicate this in your cover letter.
Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre is strongly committed to inclusion and diversity within its community and welcomes all applicants including but not limited to: visible minorities, all religions and ethnicities, persons with disabilities, LGBTQ persons, and all others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas.
Please be advised that in order to be eligible for employment at Sunnybrook, all new hires must have received the full series of a COVID-19 vaccine or combination of COVID-19 vaccines approved by Health Canada (e.g., two doses of a two-dose vaccine series, or one dose of a single-dose vaccine series); AND
have received the final dose of the COVID-19 vaccine at least 14 days ago. Medical exemptions or any other kind of requested exemption based upon the Hospital's obligations pursuant to the Ontario Human Rights Code will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Apply for position
« Back to Nursing (RN / RPN)