We are looking for someone to work in collaboration with physicians and other health care providers to service patients. The RPN will be responsible for providing care to patients in an outpatient clinic setting. We are looking for someone with a high degree of clinical expertise on both the medical, surgical and cosmetic side of the practice.Responsibilities:
- Assist dermatologists with medical procedures such as shaves, excisions, etc.
- Demonstrate the ability to function to the full scope of nursing practice per the College of Nurse of Ontario
- Conduct patient assessments including vital signs, history, and prepare details for Dermatologist
- Think critically, set priorities and organize work in response to client/patient need
- Conducting triage assessments including medical history, including providing advice and guidance as appropriate within your scope of practice;
- Politely and empathetically communicate with patients regarding their plan of care
- Coordinating care for patients which may include booking follow up appointments, providing results, and assisting with other administrative requests;
- Monitor and restock medical supplies at the nursing station and clinical exam rooms
- Provide additional or backup assistance as required for administrative, front desk and reception duties such as: greeting patients in person or over the phone, scheduling, payment & billing, etc.
- Handles prescription renewals, and maintains and organizes patients' records
- Assist Dermatologist as necessary
Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills and possess strong computer skills.
- Graduate from a recognized Registered Practical Nursing two year diploma program.
- Current RPN registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario.
- Critical thinking and prioritization skills required.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to problem solve with the team
Full-time hours: 30-44 per week
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Company DescriptionDr. Hessami Dermatology Office is a full-service, multidisciplinary dermatology clinic under the care of our Chief Medical Director, Dr. M Hessami. Our team of healthcare professionals includes dermatologists, nurses, and medical estheticians. Our clinical team works collaboratively with our team of physicians to deliver the best care possible to our patients.