Registered Nurse (Lactation Consultant) - Woman and Child ProgramPermanent Full TimeThere's never been a better time to join Mackenzie Health! Mackenzie Health's two hospitals - Mackenzie Richmond Hill Hospital and Cortellucci Vaughan Hospital - and our community-based locations provide the ultimate in care to our community. We have opportunities available. Ultimately, this is where you want to be.
As a Registered Nurse (Lactation Consultant), you'll use a patient- and family-centred approach in providing holistic, quality and safe care to patients within the scope of practice identified by the College of Nurses of Ontario, evidence-based nursing practices and the standards set by Mackenzie Health. Working independently and collaboratively as part of the interprofessional care team, you'll contribute to creating a world-class health experience for patients and their families, by demonstrating professionalism at every turn, upholding our values of excellence, leadership and empathy, and exemplifying our Commitment to Caring.Contribute to safe, quality care by
What must you have?
- Managing a workload effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Addressing and resolving issues in a productive, respectful manner.
- Exercising sound professional judgment and using best practice guidelines.
- Contributing to a safe, inclusive environment for all through compliance with patient and staff safety policies and procedures.
What else do you bring?
- Current Certificate of Registration in the General Class with the College of Nurses of Ontario.
- Current Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) certification.
- Proven clinical experience with patient-focused care, including strong patient assessment, care planning, patient education and documentation skills.
- Current Neonatal Resuscitation Certification (NRP).
- Successful completion of the International Board Certified Lactation Consultant Certification
Preferably, your profile also includes:
- Minimum 3-5 years previous experience as a Lactation Consultant
- Minimum of 3 years of recent Maternal/Newborn Nursing
- Theoretical Knowledge of the care of women in the postpartum and post-operative period and ability to apply this knowledge in the clinical setting.
- Recent experience teaching breastfeeding/prenatal education in a group setting.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with a sound knowledge of English and an ability to deliver information effectively to others
- Excellent interpersonal, listening, and verbal and written communication skills in English, with an ability to deliver information and work effectively with patients, families and colleagues.
- Demonstrated strong decision-making, problem-solving and critical thinking skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to quality care and safety with an ability to exercise sound professional judgment and use best practice guidelines and evidence based practice.
- Ability to work effectively independently and collaboratively within an interprofessional team.
- Demonstrated commitment to continuous learning and professional development.
- Computer proficiency with experience working with electronic medical records.
- Familiarity with the Regulated Health Professions Act, Occupational Health and Safety Act, WHMIS, and the Standards of Practice of the College of Nurses of Ontario.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and adjust to new or unexpected events.
- Proven attendance record.
- Practices in accordance with the CNO's Confidentiality and Privacy-Personal Health Information Practice Standard and adheres to the policies and procedures of Mackenzie Health.
- Must have physical strength, flexibility and endurance required to perform the role based on an assessment conducted by the Occupational Health and Safety Department.
- Demonstrates understanding and complies with patient and staff safety policies and procedures that foster a safe and inclusive environment for all.
- Ability to perform the essential duties of the job.
- Effectively uses empathy in interactions with others.
- Demonstrates behaviours consistent with Mackenzie Health's Commitment to Caring and values - Excellence, Leadership and Empathy.
- Commitment to providing an exceptional experience for staff and clients within a challenging and exciting health care environment.
* This position is represented by ONA* You may be required to work at any site of Mackenzie Health* FOR EXTERNAL APPLICANTS:
- Baccalaureate degree in Nursing from an approved nursing program.
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS)
- Recent completion of a physical assessment course.
- Membership in the Registered Nurses' Association of Ontario (RNAO)/Canadian Nurses Association (CNA).
- Ability to speak a second language.
As a condition of employment, you are required to submit proof of full COVID-19 vaccination to Mackenzie Health's Occupational Health and Safety department.
Mackenzie Health is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer committed to providing accommodations for applicants upon request at any stage of the recruitment process in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code.