Apply for position Registered Nurse - Vascular Access Team - Regular Part Time (220886)
Toronto, ON, CA Posted: 4/5/2022 4:01:17 PM
We currently have a Regular Part Time (0.64 FTE)
opportunity for a Registered Nurse
in the Vascular Access Team
at our Bayview Campus
. Hours of Work:
Weekdays: Days, Nights; 12hrs; As per schedule
Weekends: Days, Nights; 12hrs; As per schedule
Statutory Holiday Required Summary of Duties
- Perform early vascular access assessments to make recommendations for CVAD's in accordance with standards of the College of Nurses, Hospital and RNAO best Practices.
- Inserting IV lines, including PIV's for MAiD, and troubleshooting CVAD's.
- Monitoring placed CVAD's daily for prevention of line infection.
- Gathering and analyzing surveillance data for quality improvement.
- Providing education to enhance the knowledge and skill of staff, medical team, patients, and families
- Current, valid C.N.O. registration required
- Sc.N. preferred
- Minimum of 2 years recent, related vascular access experience required
- Demonstrated high level of experience, knowledge and skill in venipunture
- Proven advanced knowledge of vascular access RNAO Best Practices Guidelines
- Demonstrated excellent knowledge regarding care, maintenance and function of CVAD's required
- Proven ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Proven knowledge of vascular access insertion and device selection required
- Demonstrated excellent communication, facilitation, organizational and teaching skills required
- Ability to use critical thinking and prioritization under pressure required
- Demonstrated interest in personal professional development
- Must be able to endure significant walking, standing, bending and lifting required
- Demonstrated excellent conflict management skills and ability
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their cover letter and resume (in one document) quoting 220886
Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre
To apply, please click ''Apply for Position'' at the bottom of this page.
Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please indicate this in your cover letter.
Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre is strongly committed to inclusion and diversity within its community and welcomes all applicants including but not limited to: visible minorities, all religions and ethnicities, persons with disabilities, LGBTQ persons, and all others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas.
Please be advised that in order to be eligible for employment at Sunnybrook, all new hires must have received the full series of a COVID-19 vaccine or combination of COVID-19 vaccines approved by Health Canada (e.g., two doses of a two-dose vaccine series, or one dose of a single-dose vaccine series); AND
have received the final dose of the COVID-19 vaccine at least 14 days ago. Medical exemptions or any other kind of requested exemption based upon the Hospital's obligations pursuant to the Ontario Human Rights Code will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Apply for position
« Back to Nursing (RN / RPN)