LMC Healthcare (LMC) is Canada's largest specialist care provider in diabetes, endocrinology & metabolism. We're transforming diabetes care by making it more accessible, comprehensive and patient-centric than ever before. LMC has 15 multi-disciplinary centers of excellence and 20 clinical research sites located in 3 provinces (Ontario, Alberta, and Quebec). Our 60+ Endocrinologists, many of whom are nationally renowned for their areas of expertise, are supported by an interdisciplinary team of highly qualified Medical Office Administrators, Medical Assistants, Registered Nurses, Registered Dietitians, Physician Assistants, Pharmacists, Optometrists, Opticians, Optical Assistants, Chiropodists and Clinical Research Professionals.
Currently, our team is looking for Diabetes Educator - (Registered Dietitian or Registered Nurse)
who can work with us on a temporary, full-time (12 -month contract)
basis at our LMC Brampton
- Educate and advise patients on diabetes self management skills in both individual and group settings
- Develop a care plan for patients with diabetes (Type 1, 2, GDM, Pre-Diabetes) and collaborate with the multidisciplinary team as needed
- Teach administration of insulin effectively, including titration and management, as per medical directives
- Teach self-monitoring of blood glucose (SMBG) effectively as per medical directives
- Perform patient follow ups in person or remotely (email, telephone, OTN)
- Obtain relevant health history of patients
- Provide consultation as requested to community groups, partners and team members.
- Training of additional staff and any new educators, as required
- Effectively communicate to patients, families, caregivers and healthcare professionals
- Employ information technology appropriately for patient care (i.e. statistical tracking)
- Stay current and aware of opportunities to implement new, evidenced-based methods of patient assessment and treatment
- Assist with research studies as needed including providing diet counseling for those patients enrolled in research studies
- Complete a minimum of 2 community outreach events annually
- Assist with growing DEP awareness
- Complete annual outreach calls
- Assist with DEP specific program implementation which includes reviewing patient charts, entering data, & following program guidelines
- Responsible for DEP administrative tasks (can be delegated to volunteers/interns as needed). These responsibilities include but are not limited to; rescheduling DEP follow-up appointments, creating workshop folders, ordering supplies & medications, tracking patient visits within LMC Manager, & entering data for DEP programs.
- Participate in Journal Clubs & other group learning opportunities
- Assist with Practice initiatives, as required
- Participate in disseminating the DEP vision - act as a Diabetes Ambassador
- A valid RD or RN license and in good standing with the College of Dietitians of Ontario or College of Nurses of Ontario
- A 4 year Food and Nutrition degree or Nursing degree from an accredited university
- Experience teaching/counseling individuals and groups of people
- Must obtain or be working towards CDE designation
- Experience working with individuals with Type 1 diabetes and insulin pumps preferred
- Must have a valid driver's license in good standing and access to a personal vehicle.
- Must be willing and able to drive regularly to all sites as needed.
LMC Healthcare values the health and well-being of our employees, clients and patients and as such we have instituted a COVID-19 Mandatory Vaccination policy for all employees. All candidates attending interviews in-person or receiving job offers will be required to provide proof of vaccination prior to entering our facilities. Accommodations will be provided for those who cannot be vaccinated for a reason protected by applicable provincial human rights legislation.
LMC Healthcare is an organization committed to ensuring accessible services and communications to individuals with disabilities. Once an applicant has been selected for an interview, requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process. Applicants need to make their accommodation needs known when contacted.
If you require accessibility accommodations to participate in the recruitment process, please let me know.
Powered by JazzHR