Chelsey Park Retirement Community is looking for a Personal Support Worker to join our team in our London, Ontario. The PSW will provide nursing care to patients and assist them in daily activities such as bathing, eating, and escorts.
The ideal candidate is dependable, compassionate, punctual, and enjoys helping others. This person must be reliable, empathetic, and be able to work with all types of people.
- Patient care - Instill confidence and trust in patients in a competent and caring manner. Provide hygiene and daily living assistance. This could include toileting, bathing, and assisting patients with showers. Support the patient with meals as needed. Ambulate, turn, and position patients as required.
- Medical needs - Check vital signs and weight. Perform sugar and acetone urine testing and specimen collection. Administer non-sterile dressings, surgical preps, ice packs, heat treatments, sitz, and therapeutic baths.
- Professional development - Maintain any specialized training and, if applicable, perform additional and specialized tasks pertinent to the assigned patient or area.
- Successful completion of a personal support worker course or the equivalent
- High school diploma or equivalent is required
- Previous experience with acceptable references preferred
- Excellent customer service skills
- Prolonged periods of standing and walking
- Must be able to lift 75 pounds at times
Powered by JazzHR