Are you looking for a dynamic nursing specialty career opportunity? Do you like the idea of thinking on your feet in fast-paced environments? As a RN working in the Maternity Department at Lake of the Woods District Hospital (LWDH) you will have the opportunity to assist patients as they enter the world of parenthood and to share in milestones and the excitement that parents bring to the unit! When working on this unit you are an integral member of a team who provides hands-on care.
Additionally, you relish the opportunity to build rapport with patients and families and exercise excellent communication skills including but not limited to teaching breastfeeding techniques etc.
- Current Registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Current Certification in BCLS and demonstrated ongoing competence through annual re-certification
- Certification in Blood Glucose Monitoring and demonstrated continuing competence in BGM through annual recertification
- Certification in IV Therapy with demonstrated ongoing competence
- Current certification in NRP (was NALS) and demonstrated continuing competence through bi-annual recertification
- Current course in fetal monitoring
- Current course in breastfeeding techniques
- Maternity experience in the past 12 months
- Ability to function independently in labour/delivery/postpartum/nursery setting
- Knowledge of First Nations culture an asset
- Reliable attendance record
Please apply through the online application process via https://lwdh.talentpoolbuilder.com/
We thank all applicants for their interest but advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. First consideration will be given to current internal employees of LWDH.
Qualified applicants may be considered for other comparable positions or within the same classification other than this posted position.
Please prepare your application in accordance with the qualifications posted in the job advertisement. Applications will be screened based on the posted qualifications.
LWDH is committed to the principles of equity, diversity, and inclusion and belongingness in our operations, throughout our workplace, and seeks to employ individuals who are committed to and value these principles.
We believe in and promote the rights of all persons with disabilities as outlined in the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA 2005) and its related Accessibility Standards Regulations. To meet this responsibility, LWDH will make appropriate accommodations, including alternative formats available. Please inform Human Resources of any accommodation(s) at any point throughout the recruitment and selection process to ensure your equal participation.
LWDH values the importance of creating a workplace that reflects the population it serves and promotes the representation of the Employment Equity groups as outlined by the Employment Equity Act (1993). Applicants are encouraged to self-declare at the time of application.
For more information or to request an accommodation please contact the Human Resources Department at 807-468-9861 ext. 2393