Make a difference in a growing, innovative mental health organization and centre of excellence in people-centered care. Work with supportive colleagues who are passionate about improving lives and champions for quality and continuous learning.
As a Registered Nurse, you will be an integral part of a collaborative, inter-disciplinary team focused on delivering seamless services and programs to our clients and customers. If you are looking for a company that is constantly moving forward in pursuit of successful outcomes, get ready to love it here!
Internal applications for positions within a bargaining unit must be received within 7 days of this position being posted to have seniority considered.
What you'll be doing
• Provide care based on a crisis model of care with a bio-psychosocial approach in a safe environment
• Manage crisis and emergency situations in an Emergency Department environment
• Assume Charge Nurse responsibilities as assigned, and direct the work of others
• Administer psychiatric, and non-psychiatric medications and treatments
• Provide group facilitation
• Assess and prevent suicide and manage aggressive behaviour through non-violent crisis intervention techniques
• Engage with interdisciplinary teams and individual team members as appropriate
• Act as a preceptor, mentor, coach, or resource nurse as appropriate
• Maintain accurate and timely documentation and reports
• Participate in clinical discussions, team meetings, and patient/family conferences
What we're looking for
• Licensed with the College of Nurses of Ontario
• BScN preferred
• 2+ years' of experience in Mental Health/Acute Assessment/Community Crisis care
• 1 year in Charge Nurse role preferred
• Working knowledge of the Mental Health Act and community health resources
• CPR/Basic rescuer
• Proven ability to assume leadership
• Experience with group facilitation
• Sound clinical judgment based on current best practices, and patient centered care
• Applied understanding of Mental Status Exam, and Crisis management
• Knowledge of CBT/DBT is an asset
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong inter-personal skills and respectful communication style with patients, families and staff
Why work with us
Homewood Health is Canada's largest and leading service provider for medically focused, evidence-based treatment of mental health and addiction disorders. Our organizational culture values service excellence, integrity, collaboration and innovation. Our people make a difference!
Homewood Health Inc. is committed to ensuring that its teams reflect the diversity of our community and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals. In accordance with the various provincial legislations that we operate under, Homewood Health is committed to working in collaboration with any team member who may require workplace accommodation in order to successfully perform any or all aspects of their role. Join us at Homewood Health™ and be part of a diverse team helping Canadians live healthier, more productive and fulfilling lives.