Apply for position Registered Nurse - Schulich Resource Team - Regular Full Time (214311 )
Toronto, ON, CA Posted: 4/4/2022 9:35:39 AM
We currently have a Regular Full-time
opportunity for a Registered Nurse
in the Schulich Resource Team department
at our Bayview campus. Hours of Work: Weekdays and Alternating Weekends:
Days, Nights; 12hrs; As per schedule Statutory Holidays Required
This is an exciting opportunity for nurses who are interested in growing their career in and be part of a highly-skilled team who delivers full spectrum of cardiovascular care for some of the most complete cases in Ontario!
Responsible for primary care of cardiac and vascular patients undergoing interventional procedures in B3 Outpatient Unit (Pecutaneous Coronary Intervention, Electrophysiologic Studies, Ablation, Cardioversion, TEE, etc). In addition duties will include supporting patient care in CICU as a remote telemetry RN and providing supportive care in an alternate staffing model. The main functions of the RN include, but are not limited to: assessment, intervention, patient education and patient advocacy. The RN supports the Philosophy of Patient-Centred Care concept and principles and the Mission and Values of Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre. The RN works closely with other members of the multidisciplinary team.
- Current registration with the Ontario College of Nurses
- Current B.C.L.S. Certificate required
- One year recent Cardiology experience is preferred but not required
- Coronary Care I course will be provided by the program
- Arrhythmia interpretation training will be provided by the program
- Experience with venipuncture is preferred but not required
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to adapt to a fast-changing and stressful environment
- Demonstrated commitment to continuing education with emphasis placed on courses/conferences related to Cardiology/Cardiovascular
- Demonstrated commitment to organizational initiatives, such as Patient-Centred Care, participation in nursing council, unit committees, and quality improvement projects
- Demonstrated effective ability in: interpersonal relationships; oral and written communication skills; organization skills; priority setting skills; problem solving; decision making; facilitating team work; conflict resolution
- Ability to integrate and apply critical thinking skills to patient care
- Ability to handle stressful environment in a positive manner
- Ability to function independently and as part of the multidisciplinary team
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their cover letter and resume (in one document) quoting 214311
Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre
To apply, please click ''Apply for the Position'' at the bottom of this page.
Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please indicate this in your cover letter.
Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre is strongly committed to inclusion and diversity within its community and welcomes all applicants including but not limited to: visible minorities, all religions and ethnicities, persons with disabilities, LGBTQ persons, and all others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas.
Please be advised that in order to be eligible for employment at Sunnybrook, all new hires must have received the full series of a COVID-19 vaccine or combination of COVID-19 vaccines approved by Health Canada (e.g., two doses of a two-dose vaccine series, or one dose of a single-dose vaccine series); AND
have received the final dose of the COVID-19 vaccine at least 14 days ago. Medical exemptions or any other kind of requested exemption based upon the Hospital's obligations pursuant to the Ontario Human Rights Code will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Apply for position
« Back to Nursing (RN / RPN)