Position Title: Registered Nurse (RN)
Reporting to: Director of Care
Hours: Part Time
Location: Lancaster Long Term Care ResidenceAre you an individual that has a passion for making a difference?
At Lancaster Term Care Residence we are passionate about 'Making Every Moment Matter." We are seeking a candidate that shares our values - a person who has a passion to make a difference, who has a strong moral compass and has a commitment to teamwork.
At Lancaster Long Term Care Residence, we are passionate about providing compassionate care for families loved ones, where the residents of our home come before anything else. Our values at Lancaster follow a 'People' focused Philosophy, P
fficient Use of Resources. This philosophy can be seen in every aspect and level of our home. A day in the role as a registered nurse at Lancaster Long Term Care Residence
As a Registered Nurse at Lancaster Long Term Care Residence, you will report to the Director of Care and will be a part of our family like nursing team. As a Registered Nurse at Lancaster Long Term Care Residence you will provide care and satisfying the needs of residents at our home, which will reward you every day. This reward will come from the satisfaction you get from knowing you are making a large difference in someone's life.
Other responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Conducting patient health assessments,
- Developing and reviewing nursing care plans that are individual to each resident,
- Providing care according to the care plan ensuring that, the emotional, physical comfort and safety of residents are met to the greatest possible extent,
- Performing routine nursing duties such as providing care to residents,
- Observing and documenting residents conditions,
- Understanding and implementing infection prevention practices,
- Notifying the Director of Care of any Health & Safety risks or concerns,
- Maintaining confidentiality of client and corporate information,
- Completing other tasks as requested.
At Lancaster Long Term Care Residence we take pride in our employees, so your qualifications are important to us. Your qualifications give us a chance to get to know you and see if we are a good fit for each other. The qualifications needed to join our family at Lancaster Long Term Care Residence are as follows:
Why work with us?
- Current registration with CNO,
- Skilled in medication administration, treatment application, subcutaneous injections,
- Knowledge of Nursing Standards by CNO, Ministry of Health and Public Health,
- Strong assessment skills,
- Capable of supervising unregulated staff, ensuring the quality of care provided and that residents rights are upheld at all times,
- Knowledge of documentation requirements and care planning process, including computerized documentation,
- Excellent communication skills with residents, families and fellow employees,
- PCC experience is an asset
- Must have a clear vulnerable sector screen, no older than 6 months, TB test results less than 6 months old,proof of a 2 step TB test, evidence of flu shot, must be able to provide three work references.
Working with us at Lancaster Long Term Care Residence provides a way to make a difference in someone's life every single day, and an opportunity to make every moment matter. We as an organization are committed to providing our employees with everything they need to be successful, such as support that allows our employees to grow and prosper.
We also provide competitive salaries and benefits packages. This position is casual, so candidates must be available to work evenings and weekends, as well as a variety of shifts. Schedules will be provided.How to apply?
Please submit a resume, cover letter, and references. We look forward to speaking with you, and making every moment count! Our organization takes the accessibility needs of employees with disabilities into account during the position summary review process. Employees are required to notify their director manager/supervisor if they have any particular accessibility needs and the 9rganization will work with the employee to address them.