Apply for position Registered Practice Nurse - 7 East - Regular Full Time (220519)
Toronto, ON, CA Posted: 2/17/2022 3:59:35 PM
We currently have a Regular Full-time
opportunity for an Registered Practice Nurse
in the 7 East Department
at Holland. Hours of Work: Weekdays:
Days, Nights; 12 hrs, Occasional 8 hrs; As per schedule Alternating Weekends:
Days, Nights; 12 hrs, Occasional 8 hrs; As per schedule Statutory Holidays Required. Summary of Duties
- To provide patient care within the scope of practice of your profession; which supports the philosophy of the Nursing Department and meets hospital and College of Nurses standards.
- Collaborates effectively as a member of an interdisciplinary team.
- Active participation in process improvement and educational activities.
- Current certificate or competence as an R.P.N. with the College of Nurses with Medication Certificate.
- Physical Assessment Course required.
- Minimum one year medical-surgical experience required, recent orthopaedic and Complex medical care preferred
- Current BCLS certificate
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Demonstrated knowledge in person-centred care approach and principles
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated commitment to organizational initiatives, Best Practices, and quality improvement projects
- Demonstrated ability to function independently and in collaboration with the inter-professional team
- Demonstrated excellence in: pain management, individualized care plan development, patient/family education and discharge planning
- Commitment to professional development; workshops, in-services, continuing education
- Membership in R.P.N.A.O an asset.
- Gentle Persuasive Approaches certificate an asset.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their cover letter and resume (in one document) quoting 220519
Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre
To apply, please click ''Apply for the Position'' at the bottom of this page.
Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please indicate this in your cover letter.
Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre is strongly committed to inclusion and diversity within its community and welcomes all applicants including but not limited to: visible minorities, all religions and ethnicities, persons with disabilities, LGBTQ persons, and all others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas.
Please be advised that in order to be eligible for employment at Sunnybrook, all new hires must have received the full series of a COVID-19 vaccine or combination of COVID-19 vaccines approved by Health Canada (e.g., two doses of a two-dose vaccine series, or one dose of a single-dose vaccine series); AND
have received the final dose of the COVID-19 vaccine at least 14 days ago. Medical exemptions or any other kind of requested exemption based upon the Hospital's obligations pursuant to the Ontario Human Rights Code will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Apply for position
« Back to Nursing (RN / RPN)