Permanent PT Evenings available or causal. Eight hour shifts. OMERS pension plan for eligible employees.
Hourly rage - $33.23 - 46.74 per hour.
John Noble Home is looking for a Registered Nurse to join our team. The Registered Nurse shall through the nursing process and using evidence-based practice determine and provide the professional care needed by the residents. She/He will assume a lead role in the interdisciplinary team providing direction and supervision for the care given by Registered Practical Nurses, PSW/HCA's, assuring quality practice. He/She will liaise with all other health care providers to ensure an individualized goal orientated plan of care is developed and maintained. Works in accordance with all the Policies and Procedures of the Home. While performing any and all duties of the position the employee will work in a safe and healthy manner and will follow the regulations outlined in the Occupational Health and Safety Act outlined in the organization Health & Safety Policy, Infection Control and safe work procedures.
- Provide nursing care in accordance with the Professional Standards as outlined by the College of Nurses (CNO) (policy 2-80).
- Assume responsibility for all aspects of resident plan of care in accordance with the Regulated Health Professionals Act.
- Maintain compliance with MOHLTC Standards.
- Performs holistic resident assessments on admission to identify individual needs.
- Plays a leadership role in the development and maintenance of the resident care plan.
- Recognizes, assesses, responds to and documents resident health status changes.
- Daily monitoring through a reporting mechanism with Registered Practical Nurses, (Health Care Aides/Personal Support Workers), Unit Ward Clerk, as well as interdepartmental colleagues.
- Seek medical consultation and direction for plan of care.
- Determine resident care requirements and establish a comprehensive individualized plan of care that reflects his/her current strengths, abilities, preferences, needs, goals, safety/security risks in order to give clear directions to staff providing care.
- Collaborate with and seek interdisciplinary consultation or referral as appropriate and as it relates to the resident.
- Consult with the resident and/or the substitute decision maker regarding wishes and needs for care.
- Advocate and support the resident in achieving their directive for care.
- Consult with community agencies and institutions for additional services as required.
- Implement, coordinate and assure interventions in the care plan is implemented
- Implement and coordinate interventions and services such as: pharmacy service, social work, pastoral care, nutrition services, diagnostic service, dental service, therapy, foot care, eye care, ear care or arrange medical consultation as ordered by attending physician.
- Determine the appropriate category of care provider and direct and collaborate with nursing staff (Registered Practical Nurses and PSW/HCA's) in providing care according to the Resident Care Profile.
- Administer medication and treatments as required and monitor outcomes.
- Document accurately and in a timely manner according to Standards of College of Nurses.
- Order and maintain medical supplies according to needs of the unit.
- Monitor and assume responsibility for maintaining a safe and healthy environment, and report in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Delegate and/or teach skills and techniques to other staff and/or resident SDM as appropriate and in accordance with RHPA.
- Review, evaluate and revise the Resident Care Profile and Resident Care Plan every 92 days and as required.
- Assess resident when any change in health status occurs. Analyze, interpret and document changes in health status and take appropriate action.
- In liaison with RPN conduct six (6) week post admission interdisciplinary conference, annual interdisciplinary conference and any other interdisciplinary conference required regarding a resident's care.
- Check monthly Medication Administration Records (MAR) for accuracy.
- Assist with the Quality Assurance Program by assuring quality practice and quality care.
- Monitoring indicators, identifying high risks and ongoing auditing is involved.
- Report and follow up on medication errors.
- Monitor infection control practice on unit and maintain Infection Control prevalence statistics for the resident home area assuring Infection Control, CON Standards are maintained.
- Communicate with the resident and/or their SDM assuring their satisfaction with the care plan and obtain consent.
- Participate in the development and review of policies and procedures and best practices.
- Participate in Nursing Practice meetings, Home area meetings and other meetings as requested.
- Provide feedback on staff's performance.
- Complete the requirement of Quality Assurance and Reflective Practice as determined by the College of Nurses of Ontario.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree and a license to practice nursing in Ontario
- A minimum of two years' experience in geriatric or long term care, preference given to experience in psychogeriatrics
- Must be able to stand or sit for long periods of time
- Must be able to push, pull, reach, and bend frequently
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
- computer skills an asset
- strong communication skills, ability to work as a member of a multi-disciplinary team, leadership and training skills
About John Noble Home:
John Noble Home is a long term care home dedicated to working together to enhance the quality of life for those we serve by providing LOVE, CARE and DIGNITY within a safe, home-like environment.
Our Vision: As leaders we strive for continued excellence, now and in the future.
Our Values: To further support and facilitate the growth and development of exemplary housing, care and services within our caring community of Brantford and Brant County.
Employees can also take advantage of casual dress code, free parking, and flexible schedules. Please contact John Noble Home if you require accommodations during the application process. John Noble Home thanks all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Powered by JazzHR