Apply for position Registered Nurse - Odette Cancer Centre - Chemotherapy Unit - Temporary Full Time (221106)
Toronto, ON, CA Posted: 4/1/2022 2:49:14 PM
We currently have Temporary Full Time (until approx. June 2023)
opportunities for Registered Nurse
in the Odette Cancer Centre - Chemotherapy Unit
at our Bayview
campus. Hours of Work: Weekdays:
Days, 8 hrs; As per schedule Summary of Duties
To provide a broad range of nursing/patient care services for the Odette Cancer Centre (OCC). Responsibilities include performing all aspects of patient care processes prescribed by physicians and in compliance with the College of Nurses of Ontario and Division of Oncology Nursing, acting as the clinical resource, organizing daily departmental work flow, conducting patient assessments, counselling patients and families, providing care, administration of chemotherapy treatments, providing patient information, etc.
The Oncology Nurse, as an integral member of the interprofessional team, will participate in the multidisciplinary management of oncology patients in the ambulatory setting. S/he is accountable for the provision of high quality nursing care through management of the patient care continuum, education, and advancing nursing practice. Nursing services are provided to address physical, psychological, social, spiritual and educational needs of patients and their families. S/he will participate in the development, implementation and quality improvement of the Oncology Program. This position requires the nurse to work predominantly in the chemotherapy unit. Qualifications/Skills
- Current registration with College of Nurses of Ontario
- Baccalaureate degree in nursing preferred
- Experience in oncology nursing required; minimum of five (5) years related practical experience
- Canadian Nurses Association certification as Certified Oncology Nurse CON(C) or Oncology Nursing Society (OCN) certification required or willing to obtain
- DeSouza chemotherapy/biotherapy course required or willing to obtain and maintain
- Capacity to act as a member of the multidisciplinary team
- Demonstrated evidence of participation in education and clinical training programs
- CPR - Basic provider certification required
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communications skills
- Excellent IV insertion skills required
- Previous experience in the administration of antineoplastic agents and biotherapy is required.
- Ability to access vascular access devices preferred
- Critical care skills considered an asset
- Completion of a physical assessment course an asset
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their cover letter and resume (in one document) quoting 221106
Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre
To apply, please click ''Apply for Position'' at the bottom of this page.
Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please indicate this in your cover letter.
Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre is strongly committed to inclusion and diversity within its community and welcomes all applicants including but not limited to: visible minorities, all religions and ethnicities, persons with disabilities, LGBTQ persons, and all others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas.
Please be advised that in order to be eligible for employment at Sunnybrook, all new hires must have received the full series of a COVID-19 vaccine or combination of COVID-19 vaccines approved by Health Canada (e.g., two doses of a two-dose vaccine series, or one dose of a single-dose vaccine series); AND
have received the final dose of the COVID-19 vaccine at least 14 days ago. Medical exemptions or any other kind of requested exemption based upon the Hospital's obligations pursuant to the Ontario Human Rights Code will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Apply for position
« Back to Nursing (RN / RPN)