Apply for position Registered Nurse - Critical Care (SBCC2022)
Toronto, ON, CA Posted: 3/31/2022 2:25:37 PM
Sunnybrook is home to the first and largest trauma centre in Canada, and the country's largest adult burn Centre. Ontario's most seriously injured patients are rushed to Sunnybrook by air and land ambulance from across the province. We provide highly specialized care to one in three trauma patients in Ontario
, totalling about 2,000 critically injured patients each year - the highest number in Canada.
Named in honour of philanthropist and Canadian entrepreneur Mr. Seymour Schulich, the Schulich Heart Centre at Sunnybrook stands as one of Canada's leading cardiac care centres with an international reputation as a leading-edge provider for the prevention, treatment and care of heart disease.
Sunnybrook Health is the Regional Stroke Centre for the North & East GTA Stroke Network and provides comprehensive stroke hyperacute and acute stroke services for the region and province. The Neurovascular Unit (NVU) is an integrated critical care unit that provides expert stroke and neurovascular services. For Registered Nurses who are not critical care certified but interested in joining our critical care team - we offer educational opportunities for you to complete a Critical Care Nursing Program with an accredited institution! Exciting Opportunities In The Following Care Units:
- Ross Tilley Burn Centre: for patients with burn injuries, the Ross Tilley Burn Centre is the largest burn Centre
- Critical Care Unit: the largest trauma intensive care that provides care for trauma, neurosurgery, and orthopaedic patients
- Cardiovascular Intensive Care: for patients that undergo cardiac and vascular surgery. CVICU has the capacity to care for extremely complex cardiac patients including Extracorporeal membrane oxygenation (ECMO)
- D4ICU: A medical/surgical intensive care unit, caring for diverse patients including post cardiac arrest, and stroke
- B5ICU: for orthopaedics, plastics, neurosurgery and trauma patients
- Cardiac Catheterization Lab: for cardiac and vascular procedural care (coronary, arrhythmia, structural heart and vascular)
- Cardiac Intensive Care: High- risk cardiac patients requiring specialized cardiac intensive care - eq. pts experiencing STEMI, cardiogenic shock, unstable arrhythmias, etc.
Join our critical care team today!
- Neurovascular Unit: for stroke and neurovascular patients in an integrated ICU setting
Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please indicate this in your cover letter.
Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre is strongly committed to inclusion and diversity within its community and welcomes all applicants including but not limited to: visible minorities, all religions and ethnicities, persons with disabilities, LGBTQ persons, and all others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas.
Please be advised that in order to be eligible for employment at Sunnybrook, all new hires must have received the full series of a COVID-19 vaccine or combination of COVID-19 vaccines approved by Health Canada (e.g., two doses of a two-dose vaccine series, or one dose of a single-dose vaccine series); AND
have received the final dose of the COVID-19 vaccine at least 14 days ago. Medical exemptions or any other kind of requested exemption based upon the Hospital's obligations pursuant to the Ontario Human Rights Code will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Apply for position
« Back to Nursing (RN / RPN)