Apply for position Registered Nurse - Cardiovascular Intensive Care Unit- Temporary Full-time (221062)
Toronto, ON, CA Posted: 3/31/2022 1:29:59 PM
We currently have a Temporary Full Time (until approx. November 2023)
opportunity for a Registered Nurse
in the Cardiovascular Intensive Care Unit
at our Bayview Campus
. Hours of Work: Weekday & Alternating Weekends:
Days, Nights; 12 hrs; As per schedule Statutory Holidays Required Summary of Duties:
Responsible for primary care of CVICU patients. The main functions of the RN include, but are not limited to, assessment, intervention, education and patient advocacy. The RN supports the Philosophy of Person-Centred Care concept and principles and the mission and values of Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre, and works closely with other members Qualification & Skills:
- Current registration with the Ontario College of Nurses
- Current BCLS certificate
- Current ACLS certificate preferred
- Baccalaureate degree in Nursing preferred
- Critical Care Certificate
- Must have ICU & CVICU experience
- Successful completion of the CVICU entrance quiz
- Demonstrated commitment to continuing education within the past two (2) years with emphasis placed on courses/conferences related to cardiovascular care specialties
- Demonstrated commitment to organizational initiatives, such as completion of the Patient Centred Care Course and participation in nursing council, unit committees and quality improvement projects
- Demonstrated effective ability in: interpersonal relationships; oral and written communication skills; organization skills; priority setting skills; problem solving; decision making; facilitating team work; conflict resolution
- Possesses intellectual skills for problem-solving, critical thinking and ability to integrate knowledge of physiological principle involving multiple organ systems with emphasis on cardio-pulmonary
- Adept in use of haemodynamic equipment
- Ability to function independently and as a part of the multidisciplinary team
- Demonstrated commitment to Person-Centred Care approach and principles
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their cover letter and resume (in one document) quoting 221062
Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre
To apply, please click ''Apply for the Position'' at the bottom of this page.
Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please indicate this in your cover letter.
Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre is strongly committed to inclusion and diversity within its community and welcomes all applicants including but not limited to: visible minorities, all religions and ethnicities, persons with disabilities, LGBTQ persons, and all others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas.
Please be advised that in order to be eligible for employment at Sunnybrook, all new hires must have received the full series of a COVID-19 vaccine or combination of COVID-19 vaccines approved by Health Canada (e.g., two doses of a two-dose vaccine series, or one dose of a single-dose vaccine series); AND
have received the final dose of the COVID-19 vaccine at least 14 days ago. Medical exemptions or any other kind of requested exemption based upon the Hospital's obligations pursuant to the Ontario Human Rights Code will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Apply for position
« Back to Nursing (RN / RPN)