Location: Thornbury, ON
Position: Registered Practical Nurse
Contracts available: Full time
"Every day you know that you will touch a life, or that a life will touch yours."
Ready to be part of a team that will truly value your hard work, dedication, and effort? Are you passionate about providing compassionate and quality care to residents in long-term care? If you are, we want to hear from you!
On a daily basis, the RPN will enhance the effective management and quality of nursing practice in keeping with the standards and expectations set out by governing bodies and internal policies and standards of care.
You will be accountable for...
- Ensuring exceptional resident care is provided while following protocols and maintaining physicians' orders
- Observing, reporting, and recording vital signs, symptoms, and conditions of residents, and initiate remedial health measures where appropriate
- Organizing and directing functions and activities related to the provision of care to residents
- Assisting in the management of the work of nursing and personal care staff
- Training and professional development of new staff, referring concerns to the Director of Care
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications and skills:
- Appropriate current certificate of competence from the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Bilingual in English and French is an asset but not required
- A serving heart and a passion for caring for seniors
- Registration/eligible for registration with the Registered Practical Nurses Association of Ontario
- Previous similar experience in long-term care an asset, with comprehensive knowledge of duties
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team, to prioritize tasks in order of urgency
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and comprehension skills
- Develop creative problem-solving skills to look at the "big picture"
. We would like to thank all applicants for your interest in working as part of our team! Only those applicants selected to move forward in the recruitment process will be contacted.
In Ontario, Extendicare, ParaMed Home Health Care and affiliated organizations including our partner homes in Extendicare Assist, accommodate the needs of job applicants throughout its recruitment and selection processes in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Accommodation needs must be provided in advance. To discuss your needs, please contact the individual noted in the posting.
Powered by JazzHR