Hope St Terrace, Port HopePosition:
Registered Practical Nurse- Full Time Day Shift
Daily the RPN will enhance the effective management and quality of nursing practice in keeping with the standards and expectations set out by governing bodies and internal policies and standards of care.Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensuring exceptional resident care is provided while following protocols and maintaining physicians' orders.
- Observing, reporting and recording vital signs, symptoms and conditions of residents, and initiating remedial health measures where appropriate.
- Organizing and directing functions and activities related to provision of care to residents.
- Assisting in the management of the work of nursing and personal care staff.
- Training and professional development of new staff, referring concerns to the Director of Care.
- Appropriate current certificate of competence from the College of Nurses of Ontario.
- Bilingual in English and French is an asset but not required.
- A serving heart and a passion for caring for seniors.
- Registration/eligible for registration with the Registered Practical Nurses Association of Ontario.
- Previous similar experience in long-term care an asset, with comprehensive knowledge of duties.
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team, to prioritize tasks in order of urgency.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and comprehension skills.
- Developed creative problem-solving skills to look at the "big picture".
Southbridge Care Homes welcomes those applicants with disability-related needs and those who need for accommodation in the recruitment process. Please provide notice of your need for accommodation to the hiring manager upon scheduling of an interview. To know more about Southbridge culture, please visit here.In Ontario, Extendicare, ParaMed Home Health Care, and affiliated organizations including our partner homes in Extendicare Assist accommodate the needs of job applicants throughout its recruitment and selection processes in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Accommodation needs must be provided in advance. To discuss your needs, please contact the individual noted in the posting.
Powered by JazzHR