Home: Bayfield Manor Retirement/LTC HomeLocation: Kemptville, Ontario.Position: Registered Nurse (RN) - Casual until the transfer to our new building opening July 7, where you may go into Part Time of Full Time.
Tired of living to work? Work to LIVE in beautiful Kemptville at our newly built, Southbridge Kemptville long term care home! The urban hub of Kemptville is an eclectic mix of small-town charm and big city convenience, with plenty of natural beauty and heritage architecture to admire. Offering competitive wages
, Southbridge Kemptville is proud of our new state-of-the-art home (anticipated to open in summer 2022) and welcome you to join our team!
"When you're an RN, you know that every day you will touch a life, or that a life will touch yours." Ask yourself three questions: Are you looking for a role with tons of opportunity for career advancements?Are you ready to be part of a team that will truly value your hard work, dedication and effort?Are you passionate about providing compassionate and quality care to residents in long term care?
If the answer is yes, we would love to know more about you!
Southbridge Care Homes are currently looking to add a caring, passionate, and enthusiastic Registered Nurse to our amazing home family, who can serve our lovely residents, to keep them safe, healthy, and happy. On a daily basis our Registered Nurse will enhance the effective management and quality of nursing practice in keeping with the standards and expectations set out by governing bodies and internal policies and standards of care.
Reporting to the Director of Care, the RN will enhance the effective management and quality of nursing practice in keeping with the Standards of the College of Nurses of Ontario, Long Term Care Standards and Extendicare Standards. RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure resident care is provided with established nursing standards and principles, physicians' orders and administrative policies, as well as, observe, report and record vital signs, symptoms and conditions of residents. Assure observance of required techniques in nursing care.
- Assist in assessing residents and develop, implement, review and evaluate resident care plans. Monitor residents' health, notes changes in condition and assess need for referral to doctors; processes and implement physicians' orders.
- Plan, direct, supervise and evaluate the work of nursing and personal care staff assigned to the unit. Orient and train new personnel and may participate in in-service education. Monitor performance and conduct performance appraisal and refers problems to the Director of Care.
- Assist in preparing the Facility for RAI MDS.
- Take charge of the Facility in the absence of the Director of Care.
- Staff replacement in the absence of the care clerk.
Interested applicants should send their resume here. We would like to thank all applicants for your interest in working as part of our team! Only those applicants selected to move forward in the recruitment process will be contacted. In Ontario, Extendicare, ParaMed Home Health Care and affiliated organizations including our partner homes in Extendicare Assist, accommodate the needs of job applicants throughout its recruitment and selection processes in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Accommodation needs must be provided in advance. To discuss your needs, please contact the individual noted in the posting.
- Appropriate current certificate of competence from the College of Nurses of Ontario required.
- Registration or eligible for registration with the Registered Nurses Association of Ontario.
- Previous managerial experience in long-term care preferred.
- Experience dealing with the cognitively impaired.
- Comprehensive knowledge of nursing and health care practices, as well as Knowledge in Infection Control Practices.
- Demonstrated commitment to working with seniors.
- Ability to work effectively individually and with others while prioritizing tasks to handle the most urgent first.
- Ability to present information clearly and effectively both verbally whether in person or over the phone, and in writing; an active listener who projects a friendly demeanor.
- Ability to collect and use information to thoroughly think through problems and situations; puts information from various sources together to see the 'big picture', and generate creative solutions.
- Organizational, planning, time management and multi-tasking skills.
Powered by JazzHR