Home: Regency LTC
Location: Port Hope, Ontario
Position: Registered Practical Nurse (PT)
"Every day you know that you will touch a life, or that a life will touch yours."
On a daily basis the RPN (PT) will enhance the effective management and quality of nursing practice in keeping with the standards and expectations set out by governing bodies and internal policies and standards of care.Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensuring exceptional resident care is provided while following protocols and maintaining physicians' orders.
- Observing, reporting and recording vital signs, symptoms and conditions of residents, and initiating remedial health measures where appropriate.
- Organizing and directing functions and activities related to provision of care to residents.
- Assisting in the management of the work of nursing and personal care staff.
- Training and professional development of new staff, referring concerns to the Director of Care.
- Appropriate current certificate of competence from the College of Nurses of Ontario.
- A serving heart and a passion for caring for seniors.
- Registration/eligible for registration with the Registered Practical Nurses Association of Ontario.
- Previous similar experience in long-term care an asset, with comprehensive knowledge of duties.
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team, to prioritize tasks in order of urgency.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and comprehension skills.
- Developed creative problem solving skills to look at the "big picture".
Interested applicants should send their resume here. We would like to thank all applicants for your interest in working as part of our team! Only those applicants selected to move forward in the recruitment process will be contacted. In Ontario, Extendicare, ParaMed Home Health Care and affiliated organizations including our partner homes in Extendicare Assist, accommodate the needs of job applicants throughout its recruitment and selection processes in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Accommodation needs must be provided in advance. To discuss your needs, please contact the individual noted in the posting.
Powered by JazzHR