: Clinical Resource NurseDepartment:
Medical & SurgicalStatus:
Temporary Full-time for approx. 10 months Hours:
Various rotating shifts - 12 hour day shifts (Hours are subject to change to change based on operations requirements)Site:
Halton Healthcare takes great pride in providing quality, compassionate healthcare services to our rapidly growing communities. As a progressive and vibrant healthcare organization, we take healthcare to a new level to meet the urgent needs of our community's growing and aging population. We are a distinctive centre of healthcare excellence that offers first-rate care in an innovative environment that supports the physical, mental, emotional and spiritual needs of the community.
Halton Healthcare's vision of Exemplary patient experiences, always , goes beyond just the patient experience; it has shaped our entire culture and remains at the core of every interaction in our organization, from our patients & families to our staff, physicians and volunteers. We believe in exemplary PEOPLE experiences always!This is what you'll be doing:
This is what you'll need to do it:
- Supports the vision of clinical leadership in the clinical setting and works within an interdisciplinary team to provide clinical expertise in medical / surgical populations.
- Works as a clinical leader and is responsible and accountable for all aspects of the management of clinical patient care in collaboration with the patient care manager and professional practice clinician.
- Understands and applies the principles of adult learning and supports the growth of the nursing team through guidance, coaching and the promotion of autonomous nursing practice.
- Recognizes the influence of the nursing environment on retention and recruitment and is able to build a strong orientation process to support new and returning nurses.
- Models professional practice related to clinical practice standards and interpersonal skills
- Supports the hospital with on call responsibilities
- Supports the team with performance of direct patient care activities
- Actively supports Patient Flow
- Current registration in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- BCLS required at time of hire
- Certification in either Cardiology or Critical Care required
- Demonstrated knowledge base and experience with the management of cardiac monitoring
- Minimum of 3 - 5 years of clinical experience with 2 years demonstrated clinical expertise in a medical/surgical or critical care practice area
- Demonstrated commitment to patient and family centred care
- Demonstrated nursing leadership experience, including change and conflict resolutions skills
- Demonstrated excellent teaching, mentoring, interpersonal and public relations skills
- Demonstrated exceptional problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Satisfactory employment and attendance record
$35.74 - $50.34 per hourDate Refreshed:
February 18, 2022Note for internals:
Initial internal deadline passed. New applicants welcome to apply.
Please apply if you are passionate about what you do, motivated by a job well done, and as committed to excellence, quality and patient satisfaction as we are. Please submit your application via our website at www.haltonhealthcare.com
directly to this posting and include a current copy of your resume.
W e thank all those who apply but only those individuals selected for further consideration will be contacted.
In accordance with Directive #6, Halton Healthcare has implemented a COVID-19 Vaccination and Management Policy. All new hires must be fully compliant with our Policy as a condition of employment with Halton Healthcare. Successful applicants will be required to provide proof of vaccination or proof of a documented medical exemption as part of the hiring process.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Halton Healthcare will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your accommodation needs to ensure your equal participation.
All personal information is collected under the authority of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
Halton Healthcare is a smoke free facility in and around all three sites. Smoking is not permitted on hospital properties. We thank everyone who works at or visits our hospitals for respecting this healthy initiative. We are also a scent-free environment for all employees and visitors to accommodate individuals' health concerns arising from exposure to scented products. We ask for everyone's cooperation in our efforts to accommodate health concerns.