Apply for position Advanced Practice Nurse- Interprofessional Practice (Special Projects)- Temporary Full-Time (221396)
Toronto, ON, CA Posted: 4/26/2022 3:02:44 PM
We currently have a Temporary Full-Time (Until approx. March 2023)
opportunity for a Advanced Practice Nurse
in the Interprofessional Practice Team
at our Bayview Campus
. Hours of Work: Weekday:
8hrs, Days; Flexibility required Summary of Duties:
The Advanced Practice Nurse (APN) is responsible for integrating and advancing clinical excellence by identifying, applying and evaluating best practices as defined by Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre, and the broader nursing community. The APN facilitates learning and evidence based practice implementation and evaluation by working with groups of nurses in a supportive manner. The APN also plays a role in knowledge creation and dissemination through research and quality improvement initiatives.
We are seeking a dynamic individual to lead the advancement of key Health Human Resource (HHR) strategies including the Clinical Extern Program and Internationally Educated Nurse Career Pathway. In this role, the individual will provide innovative leadership for the growth, implementation, and evaluation of the program, in an inclusive environment which embraces equity and diversity. There will additional opportunities to provide leadership for emerging HHR strategies that advance the delivery of person centred care, while supporting Sunnybrook's interprofessional workforce.
Summary of Duties:
- Lead and support all aspects of the Clinical Extern Program and Internationally Educated Nurse (IEN) Career Pathway
- Collaborate with organizational leaders to plan, implement, and integrate Clinical Externs and IENs into interprofessional teams
- Collaborate with Sunnybrook's Recruitment team to hire Clinical Externs and IENs
- Lead the coordination and evaluation of on boarding and orientation of new Clinical Externs and IENS
- Facilitate growth and leadership development of Extern Mentor Coordinator (EMC) team
- Collaborate with OD&L and other resources to develop, implement and evaluate ongoing professional development opportunities for the programs
- Facilitate relationship building between EMCs, Clinical Externs and clinical areas
- Collaborate with Sunnybrook leaders to develop and refine policies and processes related to the Clinical Extern scope of practice
- Partner and facilitate system leadership for emerging HHR strategies
- Mentor, support, and work to advance nursing practice
- Engage in evaluation, quality improvement and research activities
- Develop, promote, and role model evidence-based and best clinical practices
- Lead and champion the integration of person- & family-centred care initiatives
- Collaborate effectively with inter-professional health care team members
- Required current Ontario College of Nurses Certificate of competence and BCLS certificate.
- Master's degree studies in Nursing (preferred) or health-related discipline completed or in progress
- Nursing leadership experience with demonstrated effective leadership and team work abilities
- Proven well-developed organizational, time management skills; flexible and adaptable to change and adjusting priorities
- Established ability to integrate the concept of person-centred care into direct & indirect clinical practice
- Demonstrated successful track record with change management including effective implementation,evaluation and supporting / sustaining positive change
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (oral, written and comprehension) working collaboratively within the inter-professional team.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their cover letter and resume (in one document) quoting 221396
Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre
To apply, please click ''Apply for Position'' at the bottom of this page.
Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please indicate this in your cover letter.
Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre is strongly committed to inclusion and diversity within its community and welcomes all applicants including but not limited to: visible minorities, all religions and ethnicities, persons with disabilities, LGBTQ persons, and all others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas.
Please be advised that in order to be eligible for employment at Sunnybrook, all new hires must have received the full series of a COVID-19 vaccine or combination of COVID-19 vaccines approved by Health Canada (e.g., two doses of a two-dose vaccine series, or one dose of a single-dose vaccine series); AND
have received the final dose of the COVID-19 vaccine at least 14 days ago. Medical exemptions or any other kind of requested exemption based upon the Hospital's obligations pursuant to the Ontario Human Rights Code will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Apply for position
« Back to Non Union