RN CLINICAL CO-ORDINATOR - FULL TIME
Candidates are invited to apply for the full-time RN Clinical Co-Ordinator position to work at our Extendicare Kawartha Lakes facility, a 64 bed long-term care home, located in Lindsay, Ontario.
Reporting to the Director of Care (DOC), the Clinical Co-Ordinator is accountable for assisting with the management of all aspects of nursing care within the home to ensure quality resident care through the effective, efficient delivery of established standards within legislative and budgetary requirements. RESPONSIBILITIES
- Implementation and evaluation of the nursing department quality improvement initiatives, risk management systems, data collection and analysis, report writing, procedural updates
- Completes analysis, creates and presents detailed reports on all quality indicators using PCC, Analytics and other software as required
- Contributes actively to the home's Quality Committee
- Ensures the delivery of pleasurable, safe and organized meal services and nourishments for all residents
- Coordination and implementation of best practice, continuous quality improvement program and risk management initiatives related to resident care
- Maintains a system of care assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation at the resident and unit program level that maximizes staff resources and contributes to Kawartha Lake's interdisciplinary team approach to resident care
- Maintains an active presence in the Resident Home Areas mentoring staff while overseeing the provision of quality resident care
- Ability to take the lead in the coordination and implementation of best practice and risk management initiatives related to resident care which includes the falls program, skin and wound care, hydration, continence care, restraints and PASD's, restorative care, medication management, palliative and end of life care, pain management program, responsive behaviors, prevention of abuse and neglect. Infection Prevention and Control Lead.
- Plans, leads, organizes, implements and evaluates all aspects of the infection prevention and control program and outbreak management
- Plans, organizes, implements, monitors and evaluates the education and orientation programs and organizes monthly and annual schedules, plans and in-services and evaluations
- Completes special projects, audits, reviews, and other duties as assigned
- Initiates investigative and corrective actions related to occupational health and safety incidents, plans, organizes and monitors modified work programs for nursing employees
- Adheres to established policies and procedures and all legislative requirements
CLOSING DATE: May 16, 2022
- Registered Nurse; BScN preferred
- Registration in good standing with College of Nurses of Ontario
- Minimum of 3-5 years' experience in long term care; previous management experience an asset
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Current knowledge of clinical issues and best practices for residents in long-term care, infection prevention and control, principles of adult education and quality improvement methodologies
- Demonstrated superior leadership and organizational skills; excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient computer skills: Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, online education software, Outlook, computerized resident care software, RAI-MDS and assessment programs
- Excellent knowledge of the LTCHA 2007 and Reg 79/10, OHSA, public policy, accreditation standards and all other applicable legislation
Interested applicants may forward their resume in confidence to the attention of:
Claudine Alcock, Dircetor of Care E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org In Ontario, Extendicare, ParaMed Home Health Care and affiliated organizations including our partner homes in Extendicare Assist, accommodate the needs of job applicants throughout its recruitment and selection processes in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Accommodation needs must be provided in advance. To discuss your needs, please contact the individual noted in the posting.
Extendicare recognizes the importance of immunization to protect our residents, patients, team members and visitors from COVID-19. As such, subject to medical exemptions, a condition of employment with Extendicare is requiring that all new hires have received all required doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved by Health Canada.