Apply for position Registered Nurse- Neonatal Intensive Care Unit- Regular Full-time (221137)
Toronto, ON, CA Posted: 4/27/2022 10:36:46 AM
We currently have a Regular Full-time
opportunity for a Registered Nurse
in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
at our Bayview Campus
. Hours of Work: Weekdays & Weekends:
Days, Nights; 12 hrs; As per schedule Statutory Holidays Required Summary of Duties
Reporting to the Patient Care Manager, The Registered Nurse will follow the standards of care for Neonatal Nursing Practice as outlined by their National Assoc. of Neonatal Nurses & supported by the Provincial Council for Maternal and Child Health (PCMCH).
- Assessment, nursing diagnosis expected outcomes of care, planning, implementation, evaluation and documentation of developmentally appropriate care.
- Providing support, teaching & information to parents & co-ordinates care with multidisciplinary team.
- Supporting the concepts and principles of Patient-Focused Care and the Mission and Values of Sunnybrook as she/he practices within the Hospital and College of Nurses of Ontario Standards of Nursing Practice
- Current registration with the Ontario College of Nurses required
- Baccalaureate degree in Nursing preferred
- Current Level II or Level III NICU experience including caring for infants requiring ventilator support, central lines, intravenous medication administration, fluid management and promotion of breastfeeding required
- Passing grade of 75% on Sunnybrook NICU knowledge test required
- Post-basic Level III neonatal course required or commitment to complete within two years from hire required
- Completion of S.T.A.B.L.E course within one year from hire preferred
- Neonatal Resuscitation Program required or process of obtaining
- Breastfeeding course required or in process of completing
- Demonstrated experience in promoting person centred care & awareness of breastfeeding principles
- Demonstrated participation in ongoing continuous learning
- Demonstrated excellent communication skills with medical team, patients & their families
- Demonstrated effective ability in: interpersonal relationships; oral and written communication skills; organization skills; priority setting skills; problem solving; decision making; facilitating team work; conflict resolution
- Ability to integrate and apply critical thinking skills to patient care
- Ability to handle stressful environment in a positive manner
- Ability to function independently and as a part of the multidisciplinary team
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their cover letter and resume (in one document) quoting 221137
Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre
To apply, please click ''Apply for Position'' at the bottom of this page.
Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please indicate this in your cover letter.
Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre is strongly committed to inclusion and diversity within its community and welcomes all applicants including but not limited to: visible minorities, all religions and ethnicities, persons with disabilities, LGBTQ persons, and all others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas.
Please be advised that in order to be eligible for employment at Sunnybrook, all new hires must have received the full series of a COVID-19 vaccine or combination of COVID-19 vaccines approved by Health Canada (e.g., two doses of a two-dose vaccine series, or one dose of a single-dose vaccine series); AND
have received the final dose of the COVID-19 vaccine at least 14 days ago. Medical exemptions or any other kind of requested exemption based upon the Hospital's obligations pursuant to the Ontario Human Rights Code will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Apply for position
« Back to Nursing (RN / RPN)