Job Number: J0422-1442
Job Title: Registered Practical Nurse, CEN LDRP
Department: RVC LDRP
Job Category: Nursing
Hospital Location: Centenary
Job Type: Temporary Part Time
Contract Duration: 12 months approx.
Number Of Positions: 1
Union: CUPE Local 5852
Hours: Days, Nights
MIN HRLY RATE: $29.91/Hour
MAX HRLY RATE: $32.65/Hour
Across our three hospitals and eight satellite sites, Scarborough Health Network (SHN) is shaping the future of care. Our many programs and services are designed around the needs of one of Canada's most vibrant and diverse communities. We are home to North America's largest nephrology program, as well as the designated cardiac care and spine centre for Scarborough and surrounding communities to the east. We are proud to be a community-affiliated teaching site for the University of Toronto and partner with a number of other universities and colleges, helping to train the next generation of health care professionals. Learn more at shn.ca
FOR EXTERNAL APPLICANTS ONLY: As a condition of employment, you are required to submit proof of COVID-19 vaccination to the Hospital's Workplace Health and Safety department.
The completion of this online form serves as your application and will be used to determine if you meet the requirements of this position. Please ensure that you have provided all pertinent information necessary to be considered for this vacancy by the close date.
Reporting to the Manager Birthing Centre, the Registered Practical Nurse provides patient care. Duties include personal care, vital signs, physical assessment, administration of meds, IV monitoring, other patient care duties as assigned.
• Current certification with the College of Nurses of Ontario as a Registered Practical Nurse
• Current Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) certification based on the Ontario Heart and Stroke Standards
• Minimum of one year of recent (within two years) Birthing Centre experience [Ante Partum, Post Partum (Combined Care)]
• Aseptic technique course
• Education or demonstrated experience in: insertion and removal of urinary catheters and removal of intravenous
• Breastfeeding course or demonstrated experience in this area
• Completion of Neonatal Resuscitation and Physical Assessment course
• Demonstrated physical ability to perform nursing and related duties
• Evidence of sound organizational and prioritization skills with the ability to work well in stressful situations
• Excellent interpersonal, communication and documentation skills with the ability to work well with patients, families, all levels of staff and the community
• Demonstrates an understanding of and commitment to SHN's comprehensive safety programs and practices including staff safety, patient safety, environmental safety and participates in regular in-service education in this area
• Demonstrates a commitment to customer service when dealing with patients, colleagues, volunteers and other members of the community and public
• Demonstrates values consistent with SHN′s Code of Conduct and is committed to fostering a healthy and positive work environment in accordance with Health & Safety policy and legislation
• Utilize protective equipment provided and identify and reports hazards
• Engages in ethical conduct and strives to understand and appreciate the diversity of our patient/staff population and community
• Excellent work performance and attendance
Scarborough Health Network (SHN) embraces and celebrates our community's unique multicultural heritage and diversity. SHN is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a culture of inclusiveness and diversity reflecting our diverse patients, staff and community alike. We are committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known when contacted and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Learn more about our exciting opportunities by following SHNCareers on Twitter and on Instagram.