Choose Collingwood General & Marine Hospital:
Explore a role with Collingwood General & Marine Hospital (CGMH) and live your ideal lifestyle. Located on the shores of Georgian Bay, you have the opportunity to enjoy the 4-season recreational community.
CGMH is a 74-bed facility serving more than 60,000 permanent residents and 3.5 million annual visitors to the communities of Wasaga Beach, Collingwood, Clearview and the Blue Mountains. CGMH is an acute care hospital providing emergency care, diagnostic services including lab, imaging and cardio respiratory therapy, as well as two inpatient units (medicine and surgery). In addition, CGMH provides care in specialty areas including obstetrics, orthopaedics, intensive care and surgery. CGMH also provides outpatient care including dialysis and a wide range of clinics including mental health and rehabilitation services. There are endless opportunities for families, adventure seekers, boaters, foodies and so much more.
At Collingwood General & Marine Hospital, we are anchored by our vision, mission and values and guided by our strategic directions. If you exhibit the core values of CGMH; Inclusive, Caring, Accountable, Respect, Excellence, Teamwork, Adaptable, we want you to join us in providing exceptional services to our patient and their families.
Current Immunization Record required, including two doses of a COVID-19 vaccine series approved by Health Canada or the World Health Organization, short of an approved exemption on a ground pursuant to the Ontario Human Rights Code.
This position includes a comprehensive and competitive benefit plan, including but not limited to extended health and dental coverage, life and accident insurance, paid vacation and sick days, short and long term disability income protection plans, Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan (HOOPP), Employee & Family Assistance Program and access to CGMH Perkopolis discounts.
Relocation support may be available for this opportunity. For more information, please speak with your recruitment representative when contacted for more information.
The Collingwood Area has qualified for the Government of Canada's partial Student Loan forgiveness program for eligible nurses who practice in under-served communities.
As a new graduate Registered Nurse, you will be provided with a minimum of three (3) months of on-the-job orientation on either the Medial or Surgical Inpatient Unit. Within the new grad initiative, the candidate will work with a mentor to develop the knowledge and skills needed to function independently and as part of the interdisciplinary team on an acute care Surgical unit. Following the schedule of your mentor, you will work collaboratively on a patient assignment gradually assuming a greater portion of the responsibility for care of the patients. You will hone your assessment skills and learn to develop plans of care to meet the individual needs of patients.
The ability to detect changes in the condition of patients and take appropriate action is a key component of your learning. You will have the ability to tailor your learning plan to meet individual learning needs. Together with your mentor you will seek opportunities on the unit by adjusting patient assignments to ensure successful completion of your learning plan so that you are prepared to transition to an independent RN position.
· Current Registration as a Registered Nurse with the College of Nurses of Ontario
· Current BCLS
· Knowledge of principles of cardiac care, geriatric care, medical, palliative care, dependent on work area.
· Strong conflict resolution skills when dealing with staff, supervisors, physicians, patients and family members.
· Attention to detail and accuracy.
· Excellent interpersonal, facilitation and communication skills.
· Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
· Ability to exercise good judgement in recognizing situations that may require immediate attention of appropriate person/people.
· Ability to provide educational opportunities for clients and family, other health care providers and health care students.
· Knowledge of and adherence to Occupational Health and Safety and Infection Control Practices, College of Nurses Standards of Practice, and Health Centre policy and procedures.
· Must strive to continuously provide a safe and supportive environment for patients, staff, physicians, and volunteers
· Must adhere to the duties of workers, as stipulated in the Occupational Health and Safety Act
· Must have an ability to effectively communicate (written and verbal) in the English language in order to provide excellent communication with team members, patients and families. Ability to communicate in additional language(s) is considered an asset.
· Must have basic computer skills
· Must be dedicated to professional growth & development
· Must be able to perform all bona fide and essential duties of the position, which may include physical demands such as moving/transferring patients, pushing, pulling, bending, etc.
· Must have demonstrated excellent attendance/performance record
· Excellent organization and prioritization skills
· Ability to work independently and effectively communicate with other members of the health care team
Duties and Responsibilities:
Contributes within the scope of an RN as a team member in the assessment, treatment, provision of care and health promotion for all patients through supportive, therapeutic, palliative and rehabilitative means while adhering to the standards mandated by the College of Nurses of Ontario.
Employee Group: ONA
Employment Type: Permanent Full-Time
Start Date: In line with next Hospital Orientation intake
Hours of Work: 12-hour shifts. Days, nights, and weekends.Please be reminded that as a Hospital, in order to provide the necessary patient care, our operations run 24/7. Therefore, depending on the program for which you are applying, it may be an expectation that you are available to work weekdays and weekends, as well as all shifts - days, evenings, and nights.
HOW TO APPLY:
If you are interested in joining our inspiring team, please apply online before 11:59pm EST on the posting close date by submitting an updated copy of your resume and cover letter in PDF or Word format.
Due to the volume of applications, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please be advised that as part of the mandatory screening process CGMH requires professional references, verification of academic training, professional accreditation, plus a current Police Vulnerable Sector Check.
Collingwood General and Marine Hospital is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free selection process. We encourage all qualified individuals who may contribute to a diverse and inclusive workplace to apply. If contacted regarding a competition, please advise Human Resources of accommodation measures you may require during our selection process. Information received relating to accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.