Clinical Resource NurseDepartment:
3N Complex Transitional Care / Rehab and GeriatricsStatus:
Temporary Full-time for approx. 6 monthsHours:
Monday to Friday - 8 hour day shifts (hours subject to change based on operational requirements). Site:
Halton Healthcare takes great pride in providing quality, compassionate healthcare services to our rapidly growing communities. As a progressive and vibrant healthcare organization, we take healthcare to a new level to meet the urgent needs of our community's growing and aging population. We are a distinctive centre of healthcare excellence that offers first-rate care in an innovative environment that supports the physical, mental, emotional and spiritual needs of the community.
Halton Healthcare's vision of Exemplary patient experiences, always , goes beyond just the patient experience; it has shaped our entire culture and remains at the core of every interaction in our organization, from our patients & families to our staff, physicians and volunteers. We believe in exemplary PEOPLE experiences always!This is what you'll be doing:
This is what you'll be doing:
- Reports on a daily basis to the Patient Care Manager.
- In collaboration with the Professional Practice Clinician and Patient Care Manager, facilitates the ongoing professional needs of CTC staff.
- Responsible for the day-to-day management of operational issues in the CTC Unit.
- Knowledge in completing CCRS assessments preferred.
- Monitors data collected from CCRS assessments and provides reports.
- Works collaboratively with colleagues to facilitate the flow of patients within the program.
- Works with the Patient Care Manager/Professional Practice Clinician to implement and promote revised/new policies and procedures, standards of nursing care.
- Actively troubleshoots and resolves issues related to the implementation of standards/policies and procedures.
- Accepts and completes special projects as assigned by the Program Director or Patient Care Manager/Professional Practice Clinician.
- Assists the Patient Care Manager in monitoring and managing the financial resources of the unit.
- Assists the Patient Care Manager in ongoing monitoring and tracking of utilization activities of the unit.
- Assists the Patient Care Manager in the hiring process of the CTC unit staff.
- Responsible for the orientation, mentoring, and evaluation of new staff.
- Assists the Patient Care Manager in the development of continuous process improvement initiatives for the unit.
- Responsible for ensuring ongoing monitoring of quality indicators and identifying improvement strategies in consultation with the Patient Care Manager/Professional Practice Clinician and CTC Unit staff to improve patient care.
- Actively promotes patient/family focused care.
- Facilitates Safety Huddles and identifies and addresses safety concerns.
- Reviews referrals to unit and assists with patient flow.
- Facilitates and attends interdisciplinary rounds and family meetings.
- Attends applicable meetings as scheduled
Halton Healthcare endeavors to hire individuals who are competent in their chosen profession and who exemplify our mission, vision and values of accountability, respect and compassion, which guide our individual behaviors and attitudes.
- Current Registration in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario.
- Current BCLS certification required at time of hire.
- Previous clinical leadership experience required.
- Evidence of commitment to continuing education. BScN preferred or in progress.
- Proven clinical and leadership skills
- Minimum of 3 - 5 years of clinical experience with 2 years demonstrated clinical expertise in practice area
- CNA certification in a related practice area preferred
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills at the unit and organizational levels
- Demonstrated commitment to patient and family centred care
- Demonstrated exceptional problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Proven success in developing relationships with the interdisciplinary healthcare team
- Charge Nurse or In Charge experience required
- Working knowledge of adult learning principles
- Must be able to meet the physical demands of the position
- Satisfactory employment and attendance record required
$36.10 to $50.84 per hourDate Posted:
April 21, 2022Internal Applications Due By:
April 28, 2022In accordance with Directive #6, Halton Healthcare has implemented a COVID-19 Vaccination and Management Policy. All new hires must be fully compliant with our Policy as a condition of employment with Halton Healthcare. Successful applicants will be required to provide proof of vaccination or proof of a documented medical exemption as part of the hiring process.
Please apply if you are passionate about what you do, motivated by a job well done, and as committed to excellence, quality and patient satisfaction as we are. Please submit your application via our website at www.haltonhealthcare.com
directly to this posting and include a current copy of your resume.
W e thank all those who apply but only those individuals selected for further consideration will be contacted.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Halton Healthcare will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your accommodation needs to ensure your equal participation.
All personal information is collected under the authority of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
Halton Healthcare is a smoke free facility in and around all three sites. Smoking is not permitted on hospital properties. We thank everyone who works at or visits our hospitals for respecting this healthy initiative. We are also a scent-free environment for all employees and visitors to accommodate individuals' health concerns arising from exposure to scented products. We ask for everyone's cooperation in our efforts to accommodate health concerns.