Apply for position Registered Nurse - D3 - Cardiology/ Cardiovascular surgery/ Vascular surgery - Regular Part-Time (221107)
Toronto, ON, CA Posted: 4/14/2022 10:51:31 AM
We currently have a Regular Part-Time (0.4 FTE)
opportunity for a Registered Nurse
in the D3 - Cardiology/ Cardiovascular Surgery/ Vascular Surgery
departmentat our Bayview
campus. Hours of Work: Weekdays & Alternating Weekends:
Days and Nights; 12 hrs; As per scheduleStatutory Holidays Required Summary of Duties
Responsible for primary care of Cardiology and CV Surgery patients. The main functions of the RN include, but are not limited to: assessment, intervention, education and patient advocacy. The RN supports the Philosophy of Patient-Focused Care concept and principles and the Mission and Values of Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre. The RN works closely with other members of the multidisciplinary team. Qualifications/Skills
- Current registration with the Ontario College of Nurses
- Current B.C.L.S. Certificate
- Minimum one year cardiology experience required
- Minimum one year CV surgery experience required
- Minimum one year VS surgery experience required
- Minimum one year acute care experience required
- Coronary Care I required (Humber College or equivalent)
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience with venipuncture preferred
- Ability to adapt to an fast-changing and stressful environment
- Demonstrated commitment to continuing education within the past two (2) years
- Demonstrated knowledge of person centred care approaches and principles
- Demonstrated effective ability in: interpersonal relationships; oral and written communication skills; organization skills; priority setting skills; problem solving; decision making; facilitating team work; conflict resolution
- Ability to integrate and apply critical thinking skills to patient care
- Demonstrated commitment to person centred care approaches and principles
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their cover letter and resume (in one document) quoting 221107
Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre
To apply, please click ''Apply for Position'' at the bottom of this page.
Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please indicate this in your cover letter.
Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre is strongly committed to inclusion and diversity within its community and welcomes all applicants including but not limited to: visible minorities, all religions and ethnicities, persons with disabilities, LGBTQ persons, and all others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas.
Please be advised that in order to be eligible for employment at Sunnybrook, all new hires must have received the full series of a COVID-19 vaccine or combination of COVID-19 vaccines approved by Health Canada (e.g., two doses of a two-dose vaccine series, or one dose of a single-dose vaccine series); AND
have received the final dose of the COVID-19 vaccine at least 14 days ago. Medical exemptions or any other kind of requested exemption based upon the Hospital's obligations pursuant to the Ontario Human Rights Code will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Apply for position
« Back to Nursing (RN / RPN)