Apply for position Registered Nurse - Endoscopy - Casual (221314 (2 positions))
Toronto, ON, CA Posted: 4/21/2022 9:40:10 AM
We currently have a Casual
opportunity for a Registered Nurse
in the Endoscopy
department at our Bayview
campus. Hours of Work: Weekdays:
As per schedule Weekends:
Days, 8 hrs; As per schedule On Call Required Summary of Duties
Provides direct patient care and post procedure monitoring for patients undergoing endoscopic, medical procedures (including bronchoscopy), in accordance with standards of the College of Nurses, the organization and Patient Focus Care philosophy; provides education/counseling, and documents information according to appropriate standards. Qualifications/Skills
- Current CNO Ontario Registration
- Current BCLS certificate
- ACLS required
- Sc.N. preferred
- Experience and knowledge regarding conscious sedation required
- Advanced gastroenterology and procedural knowledge preferred
- Recent Surgical Oncology nursing experience an asset
- knowledge with vascular access insertion and device selection required
- Minimum 2 years endoscopy experience and post anaesthetic nursing experience preferred
- Excellent communication, facilitation, organizational and teaching skills
- Ability to work effectively in a Patient-Focused Care environment within a multidisciplinary team, including students
- Demonstrated interest in personal professional development
- Demonstrated commitment to Person Centred Care approach and principles
- Demonstrated experience in conflict management
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their cover letter and resume (in one document) quoting 221314
Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre
To apply, please click ''Apply for Position'' at the bottom of this page.
Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please indicate this in your cover letter.
Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre is strongly committed to inclusion and diversity within its community and welcomes all applicants including but not limited to: visible minorities, all religions and ethnicities, persons with disabilities, LGBTQ persons, and all others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas.
Please be advised that in order to be eligible for employment at Sunnybrook, all new hires must have received the full series of a COVID-19 vaccine or combination of COVID-19 vaccines approved by Health Canada (e.g., two doses of a two-dose vaccine series, or one dose of a single-dose vaccine series); AND
have received the final dose of the COVID-19 vaccine at least 14 days ago. Medical exemptions or any other kind of requested exemption based upon the Hospital's obligations pursuant to the Ontario Human Rights Code will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Apply for position
« Back to Nursing (RN / RPN)