Apply for position Registered Nurse - B5ICU - Intensive Care Unit - Regular Full Time (214112)
Toronto, ON, CA Posted: 4/25/2022 11:52:35 AM
We currently have a Regular Full-time
opportunity for a Registered Nurse
in the B5ICU - Intensive Care Unit
at our Bayview campus. Hours of Work: Weekdays & Alternating Weekends:
Days, Nights; 12 hrs; As per schedule Statutory Holidays Required
Summary of Duties
Responsible for the primary care of level 3 and level 2 patients in the B5 ICU. The main functions of the RN include, but are not limited to: assessment, intervention, education and patient advocacy. The RN supports the Philosophy of Patient-Focused Care concept and principles and the Mission and Values of Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre. The RN works closely with other members of the multidisciplinary team.
- Current CNO registration
- Current B.C.L.S. Certificate
- Baccalaureate in Nursing preferred
- Must have 2 years Critical Care experience in a Level II or Level III unit
- Must have previous Trauma/Neuro experience within the past 2 years
- Ability to function well in a Critical Care setting
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment; able to manage multiple demands and changing priorities
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal and communication skills with patients, families and co-workers
- Excellent assessment skills
- Ability to work effectively as a team member
- Demonstrated knowledge in person centre care approach and principles
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their cover letter and resume (in one document) quoting 214112
Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre
To apply, please click ''Apply for Position'' at the bottom of this page.
Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please indicate this in your cover letter.
Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre is strongly committed to inclusion and diversity within its community and welcomes all applicants including but not limited to: visible minorities, all religions and ethnicities, persons with disabilities, LGBTQ persons, and all others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas.
Please be advised that in order to be eligible for employment at Sunnybrook, all new hires must have received the full series of a COVID-19 vaccine or combination of COVID-19 vaccines approved by Health Canada (e.g., two doses of a two-dose vaccine series, or one dose of a single-dose vaccine series); AND
have received the final dose of the COVID-19 vaccine at least 14 days ago. Medical exemptions or any other kind of requested exemption based upon the Hospital's obligations pursuant to the Ontario Human Rights Code will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Apply for position
« Back to Nursing (RN / RPN)