Apply for position Registered Nurse - Neurovascular Unit - Regular Part-time (200131 )
Toronto, ON, CA Posted: 4/20/2022 11:49:37 AM
We currently have a Regular Part-Time (0.5 FTE)
opportunity for a Registered Nurse
in the Neurovascular Unit
at our Bayview Campus
. Hours of Work:
Days, Nights; 12 hrs; As per schedule
Summary of Duties
The Neurovascular Unit (NVU) will be the designated stroke unit for Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre, the North & East GTA Stroke Network's Regional Stroke Centre located on B4. This inpatient unit will include 12 stroke beds, 9 Level I critical care beds, and 6 Level II critical care beds, enabling patients to be cared for across the entire continuum of acute care from admission to discharge by a consistent team. This specialized interprofessional team of health care professionals will have expertise in stroke and work collaboratively to provide best practice care.
- Current registration with the Ontario College of Nurses
- Current BCLS certificate
- Current ACLS certificate preferred
- Current Corporate Recertification
- Current Fit Mask Testing
- Critical Care Certification required
- Baccalaureate degree in Nursing preferred
- Recent Stroke experience preferred
- Demonstrated commitment to organizational initiatives such as best practices, participation in nursing council, unit committees, and quality improvement projects
- Demonstrated effective ability in: interpersonal relationships; oral and written communication skills; organization skills; priority setting skills; problem solving; decision making; facilitating team work; conflict resolution
- Demonstrated ability to integrate and apply critical thinking skills to patient care
- Demonstrated ability to handle stressful environments in a positive manner
- Demonstrated ability to function independently and as a part of the multidisciplinary team.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their cover letter and resume (in one document) quoting 200131
Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre
To apply, please click ''Apply for Position'' at the bottom of this page.
Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please indicate this in your cover letter.
Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre is strongly committed to inclusion and diversity within its community and welcomes all applicants including but not limited to: visible minorities, all religions and ethnicities, persons with disabilities, LGBTQ persons, and all others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas.
Please be advised that in order to be eligible for employment at Sunnybrook, all new hires must have received the full series of a COVID-19 vaccine or combination of COVID-19 vaccines approved by Health Canada (e.g., two doses of a two-dose vaccine series, or one dose of a single-dose vaccine series); AND
have received the final dose of the COVID-19 vaccine at least 14 days ago. Medical exemptions or any other kind of requested exemption based upon the Hospital's obligations pursuant to the Ontario Human Rights Code will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Apply for position
« Back to Nursing (RN / RPN)