Apply for position Registered Practical Nurse - Cystoscopy - Casual (221374)
Toronto, ON, CA Posted: 4/25/2022 2:23:56 PM
We currently have a Casual
opportunity for a Registered Nurse
in the Cystoscopy Suite
at our Bayview
campus. Hours of Work:
Weekdays: Days, 8 hrs; As per schedule
On Call Required; After Hours & Alternating Weekends; As per schedule Summary of Duties
RPNs are responsible for the total care of a group of residents within a Primary Nursing care delivery model within their scope of practice. The RPN supports the philosophy of Patient-Focused Care concept and principles and the Mission and Values of Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre. The RPN works closely with other members of the multidisciplinary team. Qualifications/Skills
- Current Ontario College of Nurses Registration
- Minimum one year consistent experience with Foley catheterization
- Recent experience caring for urology patients
- Experience preparing patients for sterile urological procedures
- Experience and/or demonstrated familiarity and knowledge with urological procedures such as Retrograde Pyelogram and Urethral Dilation
- Experience in surgical setting preferred
- Knowledge of vasectomies, bladder scans and continuous bladder irrigation (CBI)
- Demonstrated strong skills in patient teaching
- Knowledge of sterilization process/sterile techniques and procedure
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent critical thinking, problem solving and ability to prioritize in a stressful environment required
- Excellent computer skills required, knowledge of SRM preferred
- Excellent time management and organization skills
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their cover letter and resume (in one document) quoting 221374
Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre
To apply, please click ''Apply for Position'' at the bottom of this page.
Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please indicate this in your cover letter.
Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre is strongly committed to inclusion and diversity within its community and welcomes all applicants including but not limited to: visible minorities, all religions and ethnicities, persons with disabilities, LGBTQ persons, and all others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas.
Please be advised that in order to be eligible for employment at Sunnybrook, all new hires must have received the full series of a COVID-19 vaccine or combination of COVID-19 vaccines approved by Health Canada (e.g., two doses of a two-dose vaccine series, or one dose of a single-dose vaccine series); AND
have received the final dose of the COVID-19 vaccine at least 14 days ago. Medical exemptions or any other kind of requested exemption based upon the Hospital's obligations pursuant to the Ontario Human Rights Code will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Apply for position
« Back to Nursing (RN / RPN)