Apply for position Registered Nurse - Intensive Care Unit (D4ICU) - Regular Full-Time (211419)
Toronto, ON, CA Posted: 4/25/2022 11:48:41 AM
We currently have Regular Full-Time
opportunities for Registered Nurse
in the Intensive Care Unit (Level 2 and 3 Critical Care) - D4 ICU
at Bayview Campus
. Hours of Work: Weekdays & Weekends as Required:
Days, Nights; 12 hrs; As per schedule Statutory Holidays Required
Summary of Duties
Responsible for the primary care of Level 3 and 2 medical-surgical critical care patients. The RN will work closely with other members of the multidisciplinary team to provide care for patients and their families in a patient focused environment. The RN's practice will be consistent with the College of Nurses standards, Sunnybrook Nursing Practice standards and the mission and values of Sunnybrook.
- Current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario;
- Current BCLS certificate;
- Baccalaureate degree in Nursing preferred;
- Three years of current Level 2 or 3 critical care experience required;
- Completion of a recognized Critical Care Course;
- Demonstrated commitment to continuing education within the past two (2) years with emphasis placed on courses/conferences related to critical care nursing;
- Demonstrated commitment to organizational initiatives, such as completion of the Patient-Focused Care Course and participation in nursing council, unit committees, and quality improvement projects;
- Demonstrated effective ability in: interpersonal relationships; oral and written communication skills; organization skills; priority setting skills; problem solving; decision making; facilitating team work; conflict resolution;
- Demonstrated ability to integrate and apply critical thinking skills to patient care;
- Demonstrated ability to handle stressful environments in a positive manner;
- Demonstrated ability to function independently and as a part of the multidisciplinary team.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their cover letter and resume (in one document) quoting 211419
Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre
To apply, please click ''Apply for Position'' at the bottom of this page.
Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please indicate this in your cover letter.
Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre is strongly committed to inclusion and diversity within its community and welcomes all applicants including but not limited to: visible minorities, all religions and ethnicities, persons with disabilities, LGBTQ persons, and all others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas.
Please be advised that in order to be eligible for employment at Sunnybrook, all new hires must have received the full series of a COVID-19 vaccine or combination of COVID-19 vaccines approved by Health Canada (e.g., two doses of a two-dose vaccine series, or one dose of a single-dose vaccine series); AND
have received the final dose of the COVID-19 vaccine at least 14 days ago. Medical exemptions or any other kind of requested exemption based upon the Hospital's obligations pursuant to the Ontario Human Rights Code will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Apply for position
« Back to Nursing (RN / RPN)