Apply for position Registered Nurse - Complex Malignant Hematology - Temporary Full-time (221348)
Toronto, ON, CA Posted: 4/21/2022 2:31:00 PM
We currently have a Temporary Full-time (until approx. Nov. 2022)
opportunity for a Registered Nurse
in the Complex Malignant Hematology
department at our Bayview
Hours of Work: Weekday
: Days, Nights; 12 hrs; As per schedule Weekends
: Days, Nights; 12hrs; As per scheduleStatutory Holidays required TRAINING/EDUCATION TO BE PROVIDED TO SUCCESSFUL APPLICANTS IF NEEDED (INCLUSIVE OF ANY CHEMOTHERAPY CERTIFICATION IDENTIFIED AS REQUIRED BY THE HOSPITAL) Summary of Duties
To provide a broad range of nursing/person centred care services across the Complex Malignant Hematology (CMH) inpatient and outpatient units, rotating between sites as per schedule (CMH inpatient unit). Responsibilities include total care for patients with acute leukemia and other complex hematological conditions within a primary nursing care delivery model on the inpatient setting. This will include managing side effects of pancytopenia, conducting thorough patient assessments, organizing daily departmental work flow, counselling patients and families, administering systemic therapy and managing adverse effects from the treatment, performing patient care processes prescribed by the medical team, in compliance with the College of Nurses of Ontario and Division of Oncology Nursing.
As an integral member of the Interprofessional team, you will participate in the Interprofessional management of complex malignant hematology patients on the inpatient unit. You are accountable for the provision of high quality nursing care across the patient care continuum, including diagnosis, induction, consolidation treatment and palliation, education, and advancing nursing practice. Nursing services are provided to address physical, psychological, social, spiritual and educational needs of patients and their families. You will participate in the development, implementation and quality improvement of the Complex Malignant Hematology Program. Qualifications/Skills
- Current registration with College of Nurses of Ontario required;
- Baccalaureate degree in nursing preferred;
- Current BCLS certificate required;
- Minimum of two (2) years recent acute care experience;
- Medical oncology/hematology experience preferred;
- Demonstrated evidence of participation in education and clinical training programs;
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communications skills;
- IV insertion and central vascular access device skills preferred;
- Demonstrated commitment to Person Centered Care approach and principles
- Demonstrated interest in personal professional development and ongoing learning;
- Capacity to act as a member of the Interprofessional team;
- Completion of a physical assessment course an asset
- De Souza Provincial Standardized Chemotherapy and Biotherapy (De Souza) or ONS (Ontario Nursing Society) certification strongly preferred. Must be willing to maintain this certification and recertify if required;
- Certification of Certified Oncology Nurse CON(C) from Canadian Nurses Association or Oncology Nursing Society (ONS) preferred;
- If applicant does not have the above certifications, must be willing to obtain and maintain certification as determined and required by the Hospital.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their cover letter and resume (in one document) quoting 221348
Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre
To apply, please click ''Apply for Position'' at the bottom of this page.
Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please indicate this in your cover letter.
Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre is strongly committed to inclusion and diversity within its community and welcomes all applicants including but not limited to: visible minorities, all religions and ethnicities, persons with disabilities, LGBTQ persons, and all others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas.
Please be advised that in order to be eligible for employment at Sunnybrook, all new hires must have received the full series of a COVID-19 vaccine or combination of COVID-19 vaccines approved by Health Canada (e.g., two doses of a two-dose vaccine series, or one dose of a single-dose vaccine series); AND
have received the final dose of the COVID-19 vaccine at least 14 days ago. Medical exemptions or any other kind of requested exemption based upon the Hospital's obligations pursuant to the Ontario Human Rights Code will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Apply for position
« Back to Nursing (RN / RPN)