Job Number: J0422-0825
Job Title: Registered Nurse - Specialty Clinic (GEN)
Department: Orthopaedic Clinic
Job Category: Nursing
Hospital Location: General/Birchmount
Job Type: Part Time
Number Of Positions: 1
Union: ONA Local 111
Hours: Days, Evenings
Across our three hospitals and eight satellite sites, Scarborough Health Network (SHN) is shaping the future of care. Our many programs and services are designed around the needs of one of Canada's most vibrant and diverse communities. We are home to North America's largest nephrology program, as well as the designated cardiac care and spine centre for Scarborough and surrounding communities to the east. We are proud to be a community-affiliated teaching site for the University of Toronto and partner with a number of other universities and colleges, helping to train the next generation of health care professionals. Learn more at shn.ca
The completion of this online form serves as your application and will be used to determine if you meet the requirements of this position. Please ensure that you have provided all pertinent information necessary to be considered for this vacancy by the close date.
Reporting to the Manager, you will be responsible for providing excellent care to a diverse patient population. As a Registered Nurse, you will practice according to the current standards of practice of the College of Nurses of Ontario, the Standards of Nursing Practice, policies and procedures of Scarborough Health Network. You will also provide high quality nursing care to patients and their families, based on the philosophy and conceptual framework of Nursing of Scarborough Health Network.
•Current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario
•Wound care certificate or willingness to complete with 1 year of hire
•Ability to work independently and carry a busy workload
• Excellent assessment skills and demonstrated excellence in patient teaching
• Demonstrates excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
• Demonstrates values consistent with SHN′s Code of Conduct and is committed to fostering a healthy and positive work environment in accordance with Health & Safety policy and legislation.
• Demonstrates an understanding of and commitment to SHN's comprehensive safety programs and practices including staff safety, patient safety, and environmental safety and participates in regular in-service education in this area.
• Demonstrates excellent work performance and attendance record
Scarborough Health Network (SHN) embraces and celebrates our community's unique multicultural heritage and diversity. SHN is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a culture of inclusiveness and diversity reflecting our diverse patients, staff and community alike. We are committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known when contacted and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Learn more about our exciting opportunities by following SHNCareers on Twitter and on Instagram.